Warming up raw food?

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just started incorporating some raw into Niko's diet, using Bravo's preformed and frozen patties and I was wondering... after you thaw your mix, how do you warm it up without cooking it too much? I'm afraid to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds because mine is quite a high wattage... it doesn't have "high" and "low", it has nuclear and molten.

I tried using a ziplock bag so I could warm it up with hot water, but it became so mushy, it was hard to get it all /out/ of the bag, afterwards. Also, I'd hate to waste a bag for each meal- and since it contained raw meat, I wouldn't feel comfortable just washing it out and reusing it.

Anyone have some tips 'n tricks for me?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please Do NOT microwave raw food at all...

add some warm water ie use your wrist for barely luke warm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Please Do NOT microwave raw food at all...

add some warm water ie use your wrist for barely luke warm
Oh, I know.. which is why I didn't.
I know all about not cooking the mixture at all on account of the bone matter and such. Thanks muchly for the reply, I'll do the warm water thing for his breakfast tomorrow morning.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What I do with mine is to place in a ziplock and then put it in a large bowl of hot water for a few minutes to gently warm it. Then, I cut one of the bottom corners off of the baggie and squish it out into the bowls like cake frosting. *grin* It has worked pretty well for me and there is little to no waste.

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I put the cold food into their bowl....run the tap water till it's hot, then add a bit...just enough to mix with the cold food and warm it up. It isn't too hot at that point after mixing with the fridge-cold food. I stick my baby finger into it and it feels just a tad cool...so I know they won't burn their mouths. They eat is better than plain cold food.

The bag idea is good too....but I'm much too frugal to ruin a bag a meal. Just me!!