Oh great

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH got some nachos from a gas station today and he put jalapeños on it. I just read that the FDA has found a strain of salmonella in jalapeños.
Now I'm going to be all worried that DH will get salmonella.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unless they were from same area, I wouldnt worry about the jalapenos....on another note...you can get nachos with toppings from a gas station!?!?! sweet?!?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The jalapenos on nachos are pickled, and so would not be prone to salmonella. Only those used fresh in such things as guacamole and salsa would be a concern.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

The jalapenos on nachos are pickled, and so would not be prone to salmonella. Only those used fresh in such things as guacamole and salsa would be a concern.
Oh, I see.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surely the main worry is uncooked vegetables or salad that has been prepared to be served fresh? If the jalapenos were pickled in vinegar there is no need to worry I would have thought, vinegar is superb at killing bacteria

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cholesterol in the nachos would probably kill me. Seriously, we are too quick to point blame on a food, toy, etc. while we have been too late in evaluating them in the first place. That is just my little rant.