New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new boy from Siberia

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone,
This is my new boy from siberia that arrived this week. His name is Zhen chen.
Here are some pics.
Daisy

[IMG][/IMG]

post #2 of 26
Congratulations on your new family member.
His coat is gorgeous Daisy.

Did you fly him in from a city in Siberia?
post #3 of 26
He is a handsome fella
post #4 of 26
Wow he's stunning! looking forward to seeing more of this boy. His name sounds like a Chinese name though, does it mean anything?
post #5 of 26
Oh my, he's gorgeous
post #6 of 26
Thread Starter 
He flew from Krasnoyarsk in central siberia to Moscow, Moscow to amsterdam and Amsterdam to Detroit. There was a stewardess from Krasnoyarsk to Moscow and KLM took good care of him after that point and we followed all the way through.

His breeder was into oriental peace and so forth so Zhen chen it was chosen. He is an awesome boy even with an oriental sounding name -

Hard to believe he is this big at 18 weeks old (over 5 lbs)

I will share more as he grows. He is just an amazing family member, made himself at home the first night.

Daisy
post #7 of 26
Congratulations, he's gorgeous.
post #8 of 26
Congrats, he's beautiful!

What a long flight for the poor kitty. I'm glad he is all settled in to his new home with you.
post #9 of 26
Your boy is a world traveler.

I adore his busy tail.
Of course we will all want to see more pictures of this stunner.
post #10 of 26
Oh I like him!
post #11 of 26
What a beautiful boy!!!
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz View Post
He flew from Krasnoyarsk in central siberia to Moscow, Moscow to amsterdam and Amsterdam to Detroit. There was a stewardess from Krasnoyarsk to Moscow and KLM took good care of him after that point and we followed all the way through.

His breeder was into oriental peace and so forth so Zhen chen it was chosen. He is an awesome boy even with an oriental sounding name -

Hard to believe he is this big at 18 weeks old (over 5 lbs)
Oh my he is very handsome! And well-travelled!

My rescued stray/feral boy Church was 5.6 pounds at 14-15 weeks old.
post #13 of 26
What a CUTIE!!
post #14 of 26
That is one GORGEOUS boy!
post #15 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thanks to everyone that responded - He is our little big guy -
Daisy
post #16 of 26
Congrats on your new boy, Daisy! His coat looks lovely and it sounds like he's got quite the temperment. Something about those long international flights give kittens nerves of steel. You must be so excited

And 5 lbs at 18 weeks. .. my goodness. . . maybe you should rename him to Behemoth
post #17 of 26
Thread Starter 
LOL... He is a big boy and does have nerves of steel. He didn't even need a bath when he came off of the plane amazing enough.

He is incredible. How is your kitties doing? Its been a long week for sure. We got 2 litters of kittens in house, just neutered my boy Armand and introduced Zenny. all in all, very good. Now for the Fall to get here. In the Fall, I am awaiting my first golden from Russia to be co owned with another breeder (as this boy is). Co owning makes life so much easier. It helps with numbers and makes more shows available.
Daisy
post #18 of 26
Well done Daisy, he's wonderful! Can't wait to see your golden boy! Will he be entered for the Internationals???

Still not up to par yet with my Sibs standards but his muzzle looks a bit pointed or is it just the picture?
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
His muzzle is long, not pinched. There is a key difference and its something he will grow out of. His lines are very slow devloping like a Siberian should be. -
I think he will do good. The golden girl will be arriving later this year and will be raised by her co owner (same co owner as this boy) and they will be bred when they are ready, This boy is likely a golden carrier (should be) so golden kittens are possible.

Zenny will be going to regionals. I show in TICA but I do breed to the FIFe standard for a Sib as I don't like the overly sweet look. I want to follow the Russian standard for their cat, and old Persian was what they were trying to avoid. Some lines have this look.

Right now in house we have my other stud Tayga and my 3 girls.

Also, I am finding I have a preference to the Siberia lines and I do have 2 American lined cats who aren't exactly perfect but may blend well. Has any breeders here ever given up a bloodline entirely. I am debating right now as my girls get closer to retirement what direction to go. I am also returning to college and will be taking my program to the smallest denominator with the best lines.
Daisy
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz View Post
LOL... He is a big boy and does have nerves of steel. He didn't even need a bath when he came off of the plane amazing enough.

He is incredible. How is your kitties doing? Its been a long week for sure. We got 2 litters of kittens in house, just neutered my boy Armand and introduced Zenny. all in all, very good. Now for the Fall to get here. In the Fall, I am awaiting my first golden from Russia to be co owned with another breeder (as this boy is). Co owning makes life so much easier. It helps with numbers and makes more shows available.
Daisy
2 litters! That must be fun, be sure to share some pictures How has Armand been handling neutered life?

Golden Siberians. . . how exciting!! How do the genetics for Goldens work? I gather that it is a recessive gene based on your reply to Abymummy, but what does the gene do to the coat color? Are there even any Golden Siberians in the states yet?

My kitties are doing well; Sabre is having her first litter of three next week. We just were at the vet for x-rays this morning. Poor Minnosh has been in an almost constant heat since the beginning of the month, and she's eagerly waiting for a boy to be flown in just for her.
post #21 of 26
Congratulations on your new addition! He's a beauty!
post #22 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thats miserable having a girl in constant heat like that. I understand that one well. My first girl was in constant heat even after her first litter of 6 and she couldn't get the weight on no matter what I did so I retired her. That was Armands mom.

I have Bella, Rajjah, Marigold, Tayga and Zenny. Marigold is retiring soon and I might breed Tayga and Bella and keep a girl so I just have Rajjah and Zenny co owned. Add my co owned golden girl and thats my program. Yes I am semi retiring due to personal reasons. Cats don't make money as we all know and I would love to focus more on showing.

But for now here are Rajjahs babies, there are 3 boys and 1 girl.
We have in order Moonandstarkatz Rocky Mtn Gold going to canada as a show alter (joining his 1/2 brother who is a pet). Then we have Delta and Denalia going together as pets and Frosty going as a pet (joining another siberian as a pet).







Bellas litter has 2 girls and 1 boy. Ethan, Enya and Esmirelda.
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Golden Genetics
We have goldens in the states, its not they are non existent, its that they are rare, hard to produce (VERY) and cost more to import. There are only 3 golden lines, those haven't had much done to outcross and widen that genetic base.

The golden I am obtaining is from one such wider genetic base and doesn't have lines or any cats here from that cattery.

The golden gene is a poly gene of the brown and high ruffousing gene. Siberian goldens aren't the same as Persian goldens and they come in all patterns. Its more to it but that would take me a long long long time to explain.

Daisy
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz View Post
Thats miserable having a girl in constant heat like that. I understand that one well. My first girl was in constant heat even after her first litter of 6 and she couldn't get the weight on no matter what I did so I retired her. That was Armands mom.
Thankfully, she likes to eat a lot more this time around than she did during her first heat. I'd hate to have to retire her early since she is a complete outcross for the breed, but her health comes first. So frustrating, these girls!

I adore Rocky Mtn Gold, I can see why he'd be going to a show home! What a little rolly-polly fluff ball!
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz View Post
Golden Genetics
We have goldens in the states, its not they are non existent, its that they are rare, hard to produce (VERY) and cost more to import. There are only 3 golden lines, those haven't had much done to outcross and widen that genetic base.

The golden I am obtaining is from one such wider genetic base and doesn't have lines or any cats here from that cattery.

The golden gene is a poly gene of the brown and high ruffousing gene. Siberian goldens aren't the same as Persian goldens and they come in all patterns. Its more to it but that would take me a long long long time to explain.

Daisy
Hmm, is it somewhat similar in color to a warm-bronze Egyptian Mau? The bronze breeders talk a lot about high ruffousing in their "warm" cats. You've give me a new project to tackle!
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
No our golden is closer to the Bengal golden.
The girls can be frustrating. - but its so worth it when you see a boy that you juzt know is perfect.
Daisy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding