TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Da Bird
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Da Bird

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I finally bought a Da Bird cat toy. Its funny how my cat freaks out about it after I put it away. Meowing non stop for me to get it back out. But anyway, I have found that apparently my two dogs like playing with it too. All three of them (cat and two dogs) were sitting in a circle on the floor taking their turns at jumping for it and snapping at it. My dachsund especially. Sometimes I think she really does want to be a cat instead of a dog She was whining because she wasn't fast enough to get to it. I wish I had a picture of it.
post #2 of 18
Aww bless

I really need to get Mitzi a Da Bird. Shame we don't have them over here.
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracatlover View Post
Aww bless

I really need to get Mitzi a Da Bird. Shame we don't have them over here.
do y'all have the Cat Dancer? mine really like that one, too - & it's cheaper than Da Bird ['course, i have that as well ]
post #4 of 18
Awww! Sweet!
My cats need Da Bird. Polly would especially love it. Can you get them in a pet store like Petco or Petsmart, or do you have to order them? I don't mind ordering or anything, I'm just curious.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
do y'all have the Cat Dancer? mine really like that one, too - & it's cheaper than Da Bird ['course, i have that as well ]

No, we don't have that either

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pack-of-10-fe...ayphotohosting

We have this sort of thing, exept it doesn't have that red ball on it.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
I got mine from Petsmart, not sure if Petco has them. Some Petsmarts might not have them though, because before I moved I looked for one in the other town I was living in and couldn't find one. I saw this one on the shelf and knew I had to get it because I didn't know if I wouldn't be able to find it again. Maybe they were just always out of stock at the other store I was going to.
post #7 of 18
I found Da Bird on Petco's site (Petsmart didn't have it), so I think when I get the chance I'll check in the store for one, and if there isn't one, I'll order online.
post #8 of 18
I think Mitzi would probably wreck Da Bird within 5 minutes. She is totally in with feathers, and none of her feather toys last very long
post #9 of 18
What on earth is this Da Bird thing? Sounds like great fun. Singapore doesn't have shops like Petsmart or Petco but we do have a host of pet stores. Perhaps if one of you could post a link or a picture of Da Bird, I can see if we have something like that here

By the way, how does the Cat Dancer work? I've seen the site linked, but I'm still completely lost. That steel wire looks... lethal!
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyWukong View Post
[b][font="Georgia"]What on earth is this Da Bird thing? Sounds like great fun. Singapore doesn't have shops like Petsmart or Petco but we do have a host of pet stores. Perhaps if one of you could post a link or a picture of Da Bird, I can see if we have something like that here
It is a flexible aluminum rod with a string attached to one end. On the other end of the string is a tuft of feathers. One holds the rod and waives it gently; this makes the feathers "dance" in a way that stimulates the cat's predatory instincts.

My Zane gets up on his hind legs and bounces like a fat, fuzzy, grey kangaroo when I get the bird out.
post #11 of 18
I recently got one for Riley and he goes nuts for it. After I put it away he will sit outside the closet and paw at the door, trying to get in and get it!
post #12 of 18
Both Tailer and Forest are nuts for both Da Bird and Cat Dancer. A word of warning, though...make sure they get put away somewhere when they're not being used or the cats will destroy them.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal View Post
It is a flexible aluminum rod with a string attached to one end. On the other end of the string is a tuft of feathers. One holds the rod and waives it gently; this makes the feathers "dance" in a way that stimulates the cat's predatory instincts.

My Zane gets up on his hind legs and bounces like a fat, fuzzy, grey kangaroo when I get the bird out.
Your description of Zane is beyond cute Thanks for the description, I'll keep a lookout for that in pet stores.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyWukong View Post
]What on earth is this Da Bird thing? Sounds like great fun. Singapore doesn't have shops like Petsmart or Petco but we do have a host of pet stores. Perhaps if one of you could post a link or a picture of Da Bird, I can see if we have something like that here
Here is a link that shows a picture of Da Bird. The whole thing about Da Bird is that as you "swish" it in the air back and forth, it makes sounds and movements like a real bird. Like other people have said, my cats go nuts for them. Oh and this place does ship to outside of US ...not sure about the shipping cost though. Hope this helps.
http://www.thecatconnection.com/page...FQIBxwod5XsNGw
post #15 of 18
Does anybody know if they sell Da Bird in any shops in Orlando, Florida? If so what shops are more likely to sell it? That way when I go next year I can pick one up for Mitz!
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracatlover View Post
Does anybody know if they sell Da Bird in any shops in Orlando, Florida? If so what shops are more likely to sell it? That way when I go next year I can pick one up for Mitz!
PetSmart usually sells it and there are several PetSmarts in Orlando. Just go to their site @ www.petsmart.com and choose "Store Locator".
Hope you can get one.
post #17 of 18
My kittens love the Cat Dancer and Da Bird! We bought two of Da Bird before we brought them home, and they love them. We noticed that Bamf liked mouse toys too, and found out that Da Bird has other ends that you can buy to replace the feathers and one of them was kind of mouse shaped, just a tuft of fur...

So I thought the kittens were crazy for Da Bird when it had feathers on it, that is nothing compared to how crazy they go for it now that it has that mousey on the end of it. They fight over it and go completely crazy, running around the room and leaping into the air and doing flips.

It is hilarious.

I love cat toys.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyWukong View Post

By the way, how does the Cat Dancer work? I've seen the site linked, but I'm still completely lost. That steel wire looks... lethal!
it kinda bounces... the wire is fairly thick & a bit on the stiff side, so it wouldn't get wrapped around their necks. here're some pics of Java "dancing" - 1st w/da bird & 2nd w/the cat dancer

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Da Bird