Decided to get the cat an appt

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well after seeing that the hair loss on the back of my cats ears hasn't gotten any better and that I've been noticing her scratching and shaking her head, she's going to the vet at 4pm this afternoon along with my dog who already had an appointment for today since last week (i noticed a tapeworm on my doggie and they insist on checking for if its actually a tapeworm or something else). Yay for getting the cat in! Hopefully it isn't anything too bad and just something minor. I just don't want to wait too long before I take her in and let it get worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the vet said that my cat is allergic to something around here. It's about a 2 on a scale of 1-10 so its not that bad. He said to try giving benadryl (6 grams or a quarter of a pill) to her to see if that helps. Even so its going to take a few months for the hair lost to come back according to the vet. On a side note apparently my cat has two extra whiskers that he's never seen before on another cat. She's special
I'm just glad it was nothing major wrong with her.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that it was something minor. At least now you know why there is hair loss. =)

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad too that the problem isn't too great!

Where are the extra whiskers? That is interesting!!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they are on the sides of her nose on both sides kinda in the middle of the bottom of her nose and her inner corner of her eye (one on each side) I took a picture, i just need to upload it and point out the obvious whisker that was caught in the photo lol.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that she is doing well. How did the doggy visit go?

Cosy has those same extra whiskers, between the corner of his eye and nose, on both sides!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I'm glad that the appointment went well - do you mind if I ask what he is getting to eat? I would think that food allergies would be the most likely culprit.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been feeding her Nutro Natural Choice for a while now about a year and a half and she never had this problem unless she's just now developing an allergy to something in the food. I just moved here about a month ago so she might be allergic to something else that we didn't have where I lived before. I moved 2 hours away from my previous town.

I know cedar is a really bad allergy around here. I've been told if people don't have allergies then they will after about 3 years of living around here and mostly to cedar. Not sure if it would affect cats in the same way. After a quick google search they seem to call it cedar fever, but its only during certain months (december, january, february) when the pollination rate is highest.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say food allergy too. Poor kitty I hope her hair grows back.
Most importantly it is something you can manage.

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

they are on the sides of her nose on both sides kinda in the middle of the bottom of her nose and her inner corner of her eye (one on each side) I took a picture, i just need to upload it and point out the obvious whisker that was caught in the photo lol.
Okay, thanks...I don't think my cats have those extra whiskers...but I'll look....
Hope you kitty gets through the allergy okay.