Feline to feline agression

sherrylynne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We recently lost our dog to cancer. Keep; in mind that our cat, Mr. Stubbs has lost 4 friends in 3 years to old age or illness. The same day we had to take our latest dog to her final trip to the vet's, he has decided to start attacking our youngest cat(3yrs old) quite viciously. Mr. Stubbs is 13. Watson is 3. We got Stubbs at 6 wks old. He would curl up with our husky, Freya to sleep. We lost her 3 yrs ago. Then Sally(another husky), 2yrs ago. He then slept with a cat, Spunky. We lost him to old age not quite 2 yrs ago. He turned to Mia, our Staffie. We lost her to cancer last week. Now, he is continually attacking our 3yr old cat(got him at 6wks). The looks he gives Watson are evil. I'm sorry-that's the only way to describe it. He is very nasty. Prior to this, he was neurotic and paranoid, but not vicious. This has now changed. I'm at my wits end. Do you think this will pass? I don't want to have to find him a new home. I think it would damage him greatly to do that. Any suggestions?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, has he had a thorough vet check? At 13 he should have a senior blood panel done to make sure he is all right. Any underlying health issues could easily get worse due to stress.

The poor guy is losing all his buddies.
He's probably incredibly confused as to where he stands rank wise and who to go to, let alone how to act.
How where the two of them before? Where there small issues, but mostly Stubbs ignored or avoided Watson?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sherrylynne

I don't want to have to find him a new home. I think it would damage him greatly to do that.
Definitely it will. He lived with you his entire life.
I agree with strange_wings. Get Mr. Stubbs checked by the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherrylynne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will get him checked. He's due soon for his yearly anyway. There really were no issues previously, except that even as a kitten, Watson wouldn't let Stubbs get away with his bullying. Stubbs is a bully if the other cats allow it. Always has been. If they stand up to him, he backs down, and Watson has always stood up to him. One more interesting bit of trivia. Mr Stubbs can hold a grudge like no other cat I've seen. If he gets mad at you for some reason, he won't come near you for sometimes months. When we got Mia(the dog who just passed), I don't think he even remembered why he was mad anymore, but I couldn't pet him for nearly a year! He would just walk away. Only my husband could pet or feed him. That's why I'm so concerned.