cruelty free = extra cruel

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, i saw things like that starting about 5 years ago.
some people are just way to silly

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For the record, I know dozens of vegans who have cats. None of them approve of vegan cat food. Neither do I.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Hrm i know, i've seen a similar company like that here in Oz. While i applaud what they're trying to do, cats are carnivores, i think it's kind of wrong to deny them the pleasure of meat. It's different for us humans, we can get the suppliments and other things ourselves, but the kitties rely on US to feed them.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry but nothing can substitute the protein found in meat. That's just my opinion.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm a vegetarian but i would never make my cats or dog not eat meat. i believe it is a personal choice and obviously, given the choice, they will eat meat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i'm a vegetarian but i would never make my cats or dog not eat meat. i believe it is a personal choice and obviously, given the choice, they will eat meat!
I am also a vegetarian and feel the exact same way

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can, but its very wrong - cats are made to eat meat, not vegies. IMO if a vegeterian wishes to not eat meat, they should not force their pets to do the same - if they do, its animal cruelty and they should not own them.

Its like a person who hates veggies and wants their rabbit to be eating meat instead.

God created certain animals to eat meat, certain ones to eat veggies and others that can eat either or. If you can't respect that....then you are guilty of animal cruety!

starcrazy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm a vegetarian who's cat has eaten meat all her life - I've also had health problems that have forced me to learn alot about suppliments, nutrition etc.
I've only had a glance at that website, and I've never done much research into vegan or veggie cat food. The fact is that you CAN get protein from many things besides meat, but sadly beans, pulses, soya, nuts, cheese etc etc all have DIFFERENT types of protein - both to eachother, and to meat proteins. Human veggies and vegans are advised to eat as broad a spectrum of proteins as possible, just to make up for the lack of meat proteins in our diets.
And we evolved as omnivores!
I would be VERY careful of giving any naturally carnivarous animal like a cat, any food but... well, meat, really. many people feed their cats and dogs pure raw meat diets and say its the heathiest thing going.
Still, if you were hell bent on forcing your cat or dog or whatever to eat veggie or vegan food, I would say that to do so responsibly you MUST research it as much as possible to be confident - not just whats in the food and what the company tells you, but the biology and diet of the animal down to the base proteins, enzymes, vits&mins and everything else that it requires to function healthily.