Faith needs some serious prayers :(

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My little kitty Faith is not feeling well; we are not sure what is going on with her. Vet tests have come up nill, and even though we have tried different antibiotics, along with some hair ball remedies, along with vitamins (mainly to help counteract the loss of vits with antibiotics) nothing seems to be helping

She's not eating much, although she is drinking fairly normally...no diarrhea or vomiting either; she just doens't seem to feel good...and we can't figure out why...

She IS a rescue, and has not really grown up all that much due to the stunting from her previous lack of care and medical attention, so who knows what is wrong inside really, if that is part of the issue. I just wish we could figure out what is wrong...it breaks my heart to see her kind of 'withering' away, and yet we can't figure out what is going on inside to help...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know all too well to watch them wither away & not know what's wrong. Damita died last Monday, & it was the same way.

Sending Faith mega .

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby!
Sending lots and lots of good health vibes her way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I know all too well to watch them wither away & not know what's wrong. Damita died last Monday, & it was the same way.

Sending Faith mega .
Thanks...we need them!! I just love her soooooo much, because when I got her I literally had to nurse her back to life; she was syringe fed for 2 days before she was strong enough to begin eating and drinking on her own, and even then I still supplemented her for a while; I didn't think she was going to even make it through the first night I had her, she was so weak.
I know that because of that rough start, she stands more of a risk to develop problems, but come on...she's only 8 months old...it hardly seems fair right now...I just want her to be okay again; I want my laser chasin, belly kneading, snooze on my face kitty back...okay, I'm gonna go cry now...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry! Poor little Faith... come on sweetie, get better, come through... you are so loved, darlin.

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Thanks...we need them!! I just love her soooooo much, because when I got her I literally had to nurse her back to life; she was syringe fed for 2 days before she was strong enough to begin eating and drinking on her own, and even then I still supplemented her for a while; I didn't think she was going to even make it through the first night I had her, she was so weak.
I know that because of that rough start, she stands more of a risk to develop problems, but come on...she's only 8 months old...it hardly seems fair right now...I just want her to be okay again; I want my laser chasin, belly kneading, snooze on my face kitty back...okay, I'm gonna go cry now...
Lots of vibes for Faith

Does she still eat treats, or tuna, or such? How is she getting all her nutrients now? It must be so frustrating to not know what is going on with her. Take care of yourself dear. I hope she gets better. Vibes for you too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furbum

Lots of vibes for Faith

Does she still eat treats, or tuna, or such? How is she getting all her nutrients now? It must be so frustrating to not know what is going on with her. Take care of yourself dear. I hope she gets better. Vibes for you too
She doesn't seem to really want anything, even soft food...so she is getting probiotics, and vitamin b complex shots right now; she did lap up some tuna water today (didn't want the tuna really...). we had her on an oral vitamin drench, but she really started hating it, so I asked if I could do an injectable instead...it absorbs better that way anyway...

It just doesn't make any sense...there appear to be no blockages, blood panel has come back normal...uggghhh...she does appear a bit more 'perky' today, but still is a far cry from her normal self.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she is getting better and stronger with all the vibes, prayers, and love from her meowmy. You have mine as well. Please keep us posted on her progress. I am sorry both of you are going through this rough time.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please get better Faith

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Faith.

aircraft

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your kitty. She is beautiful. I will keep her in my thoughts.