I tried the papurr "scoop" (the clumping version). My reasons for trying it were as follows:
1. Cheaper than WBCL, yet still enviromentally friendly.
2. Clumps, also has low odor (i.e. not perfumy).
3. Texture looked like my cats would like it.
4. Still lighter weight than clay, so would work in my omega paws rollaway box well.
1. It is all of the above.
2. Is not very dusty...has very little dust.
3. It is heavier than, say, FP scoop, so not AS easy to kick out of the box.
1. Clumping is poor...Got huge, loose clumps due to it not absorbing the water fast enough (urine spread to the bottom of the box and in a large flat clump before it hardens).
2. Because of the soft clumps, you get lots of "pieces"
3. Again, because of #1, sticks somewhat to the bottom of the box.
4. Doesn't do much, if anything, for odors.
So, there's my review of it... I ended up mixing it with WBCL and that helped the cllumping somewhat, although it still didn't clump as firm as WBCL by itself. Now I'm using FP scoop (clumping) and it clumps much better and does a better job on odor.
You can try it, but my advice would be try the FP scoop instead...if you can put up with the pine dust / tracking, it is pretty good and is cheaper than the papurr scoop.