TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Grrrrr, men!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grrrrr, men!

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
John wants to go to town today, to get some parts for his scooter and go to the bank. I need to go to the feed store and get wormer for my horses and some other things. He told me to get him up early so we could go and get back because he has someone coming this afternoon to get a truck and we have to clean out the truck before he gets here. I've been up since 6 a.m. and have been trying to get John up for a long time now. I keep getting "I'm sore, I'll get up when I'm ready, we'll go when I'm ready" blah blah blah. He played paint ball for a couple hours yesterday.

Well, I spent the entire day yesterday on my feet, running back and forth, taking care of animals, lifting bales of hay, cleaning, etc. I am incredibly sore today. Not to mention it's that time of the month and I just feel awful because of that. And yet, I was up at 6 a.m., already have the animals fed, my shower done, laundry done and some cleaning done. Would it really kill him to get out of bed?
post #2 of 29
He's a man. And as we all know, men can be fairly pathetic when they're sick or sore
post #3 of 29
This is exactly why I loathe it when DH asked me to get him up when I get up. He'll slepp past me anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours and he's such a grump when I wake him up. So, he gets one chance! I don't keep going back, if he really wants to get up he will. This weekend for example... we were at his parents and had several things to get done before we left yesterday. So, before bed Saturday he tells me to get him up when I do, knowing that when we are there I seldom sleep past 8am. Well, I actually spelt till 8:30 but I got up, got dressed and as I was leaving the room I said... "Honey, it's 8:30 and I'm getting up." He mumbled a response and I left the room. He was up about 15 minutes later because he knows I'm not an alarm clock and I don't have a "snooze" function.

Do you really need him with you to go into town? If not, I'd give him one more chance. Let him know that your leaving with or with out him in x minutes.
post #4 of 29
Trust me, honey; it's not just men Jess is the worst morning person on the face of the earth. I dread when she tells me to get her up when I do, because it's a nightmare worse than any I'd have while sleeping
post #5 of 29
Men are big babies.
post #6 of 29
Hog tie him and drag him out of bed - men can be such babies sometimes !
post #7 of 29
I wonder how he feels about a bucket of water on his head!

Especially as he was the one demanding you go early! I'd smack him upside the head and take all the covers off him!

I'm lucky in that respect - Aaron is generally an early riser and normally doens't need a lot of encouragement to get out of bed - I'm usually the sook in that department
post #8 of 29
Personally, I'm the one that gets up early. Getting Dottie up can be a real struggle.

And there are good reasons why I have sometimes referred to her as "the late Mrs. Blanche."
post #9 of 29
I've tried setting a variety of alarm clocks that are hidden around the room, set to go off at 5 minute intervals, which seems to work. My bf has been known to get up, have a proper coherent conversation and then go straight back to sleep for another 2 hours!
post #10 of 29
I'm SO glad I'm single!
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat View Post
He's a man. And as we all know, men can be fairly pathetic when they're sick or sore
So true! at least with the men in my life (dad, hubby,brother) lol
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
And there are good reasons why I have sometimes referred to her as "the late Mrs. Blanche."
i am so not telling my dh about that one! he'd love it and i'd never hear the end of it!
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cata_mint View Post
I've tried setting a variety of alarm clocks that are hidden around the room, set to go off at 5 minute intervals, which seems to work. My bf has been known to get up, have a proper coherent conversation and then go straight back to sleep for another 2 hours!
That's great!!!!!
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cata_mint View Post
I've tried setting a variety of alarm clocks that are hidden around the room, set to go off at 5 minute intervals, which seems to work. My bf has been known to get up, have a proper coherent conversation and then go straight back to sleep for another 2 hours!
I've done something similar too...DF is soooo bad about waking up. One more a few years backhe wanted me to make sure he got up...however I had to be to work earlier then the time he was suppose to be up.

I set every single alarm clock PLUS the alarm clock on his cell phone...about 5 times

He was sooo mad at me at first, then thanked me later...it got him up.
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo View Post
I'm SO glad I'm single!
Boys are way over-rated!
post #16 of 29
My husband is the same way which is very unlike my father and brothers. He's also good at getting out of court early and going straight home to watch TV and rest for the remainder of the work day.
In fact, today is Cesar Chavez day and I should have taken the day off, but he said that he was coming into the office today. So here I am, doing all the mundane work and waiting for him. I was so frustrated that I have been visiting TCS on and off all afternoon.
And when I get home, he's on the couch but guess who needs to cook dinner & do dishes If being married to the boss didn't pay so well.....
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
Men are big babies.
That's not true, my girlfriend always calls me "big boy"
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat View Post
He's a man. And as we all know, men can be fairly pathetic when they're sick or sore


post #19 of 29
I hear yah!!!

I get a call today it goes like this:

Me: Hello
Neil: Where are you?
Me: I'm at barnes and noble.
Neil: Where
Me: In Appleton
Neil: Oh
Me: Why?
Neil: I had the plant nurse look at my ear and called the oral surgeon to get more antibiotics (dental implant 1 week ago) and I couldn't remember where you got the stuff last week and had him call in a prescription.
Me: Where?
Neil: The walgreens in Depere (about 30 miles from where I currently was)
Me: Why didn't you have him call it to Target (about 5 minutes from current location)-that is where the other prescriptions were filled?
Neil: I couldn't remember plus you its right by the grocery store and the plumbing supply house (we are getting a new kitchen faucet)
Me: I went grocery shopping already (groceries in truck)
Neil: You have the groceries in the truck?
Me: This is my last stop before going home.
Neil: I guess I'll have to pic the prescription up (way out of his way)
Me: Guess so and I hang up.

I get home and there was a message on the answering machine about 90 minutes earlier about this-still to late as I had left house by 8:30 am

Grrr.....
post #20 of 29
I would be the one would not want to get up I think I love sleep!
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
Men are big babies.
that´s hurt!......
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwalker2 View Post
John wants to go to town today, to get some parts for his scooter and go to the bank. I need to go to the feed store and get wormer for my horses and some other things. He told me to get him up early so we could go and get back because he has someone coming this afternoon to get a truck and we have to clean out the truck before he gets here. I've been up since 6 a.m. and have been trying to get John up for a long time now. I keep getting "I'm sore, I'll get up when I'm ready, we'll go when I'm ready" blah blah blah. He played paint ball for a couple hours yesterday.

Well, I spent the entire day yesterday on my feet, running back and forth, taking care of animals, lifting bales of hay, cleaning, etc. I am incredibly sore today. Not to mention it's that time of the month and I just feel awful because of that. And yet, I was up at 6 a.m., already have the animals fed, my shower done, laundry done and some cleaning done. Would it really kill him to get out of bed?
That is exactly why we marry them, so we can complain about them!
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat View Post
He's a man. And as we all know, men can be fairly pathetic when they're sick or sore


I have to admit, though, that my s/o isn't that way. (first time for everything! ). I never have any problems getting him out of bed, and he's not a baby when he's sick. When we have places to go and things to do, I don't have any problems dealing with him. But he's a rare breed..

~KK~
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
that´s hurt!......

We'll make an exception in your case, CoolCat!

~KK~
post #25 of 29
I have to admit, I'm the one that's hard to get up, not DH. He is usually up before the alarm goes off...then he spends an hour trying to get my butt out of bed!

My mom used to have the hardest time getting me up for school. If I wasn't up and moving after the 3rd time she tried, she would fill a dixie cup up with cold water and slowly drip it on my head. Talk about a rude awakening, but it did get me up! Just an idea for the future.
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwalker2 View Post
Would it really kill him to get out of bed?
No - but you could kill him if he doesn't!

I'm VERY fortunate with Max, I really am. If he asks me to get him up early then I can, and he will get up (with lots of grumbling) and he'll be cranky for about half an hour but not with me - just he's not very good at waking up, that's all. He's a good boy like that, my ex-husband wasn't. He was a nightmare!

Ohhh - I had to edit this to add, I am off work today. I feel miserable - I'm tired, I've got a tummy bug, I just don't feel well plus the baby is really growing and my tummy's starting to feel very heavy and tight. I'm sitting here typing away and he is tidying up the lounge around me and he just said, `Is there anything I can do for you, honey? Do you want me to go and get you anything? Are you hungry? Do you want a cup of tea? I think you should be having lots of little cat naps today. I'll get out the sofa bed so you can watch movies.'

Awwwwwwwwwww He really is so beautiful.

Sorry to ruin your thread
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
Sorry to ruin your thread
You didn't ruin anyone's thread. No matter how much our SO's frustrate us, we should appreciate them... besides I'm sure we all frustrate them too.

With DH and I it goes both ways. I have a horrible time making myself get up early (I could go to bed at 8pm the night before and still want to sleep in ) as that's my more natural sleeping time, yet I wake up at other times perfectly fine and it's DH who doesn't want to get out of bed.
It's sort of changed some in the last few months though. Now it is physically difficult for me to get out of bed, time doesn't matter and it has nothing to do with being sleepy. I stand up and I have to sit right back down or else I'll fall. DH doesn't exactly like getting me something to drink and waiting 30-45 minutes for my medication to take affect.
post #28 of 29
in our house i am the early riser. i get up wayyyy before he even thinks of getting up and i have to force him out of bed. but i do have to say i am the one thats a big baby if i am sick or not feeling well. he went to work for a month with phnemonia a few months back and never complained once. but if i am sick or not feeling well everyone knows it, esp if i am puking because it scares me so bad i have to have him right beside me or i freak out.
post #29 of 29
Luckily on work days Rob gets up in the morning, because I'd just ignore all the alarms and keep sleeping! But I think we've incorporated the 5 different alarms into our dreams because neither of us has heard them lately. (Well, except this morning when we decided to get up over an hour earlier than usual since we are looking at home quality today).

But if he asks me to wake him up for something, ugh, he tosses and complains So I usually just give him one or two chances to get up. If he doesn't, oh well! I tried! Like someone already said - I'm not an alarm clock and dont have a snooze function
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Grrrrr, men!