Size does matter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny title, I know. I used to feed Popsie his wet food in a tiny bowl used for like sauces and stuff. He would never finish his food in that bowl. I switched to using a shallow cereal bowl and he'd eat practically every scrap. Last night I had to use the tiny one because the bigger bowls were dirty and he didn't finish his food.
Maybe a half a can of food in that tiny bowl looks like too much to him.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, like they tell us to eat on smaller plates? LOL!

Seriously, though, I have heard they don't like their whiskers to touch the sides of the bowl, so that may be the reason.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i think squishy is too cause her dry bowl is a little one cup stainless bowl and if it gets halfway down she wont touch it unless she is extremely hungry. and she eats her wet food out of a shallow wide bowl and eats all of it but when i first fed her dry i had it in a deeper smaller bowl and she would leave leftovers

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

Yeah, like they tell us to eat on smaller plates? LOL!

Seriously, though, I have heard they don't like their whiskers to touch the sides of the bowl, so that may be the reason.
Yup
That's just what I thought. Reminds me of a MasterCard commercial. This couple finally got reservations at a fancy restaurant. The wine list and service were great and the food was tiny. See, that restaurant should have used smaller plates.