If you could meet any historical and famous person, who would that be?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine would be Madame Currie. I wanted to be just like her, but chemistry was not going to be my career!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a similar question in October last year, only the question was "Who would you like to meet for dinner". Here is my answer from there:

Viggo Mortensen
- I'd love to discuss his poetry... yeah, that's it... poetry

JRR Tolkien
- I have so many questions about LoTR and I would love to pick his brain to find out the answers

Adolph Hitler
- I hear he was a virtual genius! Yet he was also one of the most cruel people to have ever lived. I'd love to be able to talk to him and find out "why!"

Queen Elizabeth I
- She came to the throne so young and she was one of the most successful reigning monarchs. I think she would be facinating to talk to.

God
- To find out where he came from if he in fact "created" everything!

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Billy Corgan or Aaron Lewis - lead singers of my two favorite bands, The Smashing Pumpkins and Staind. They are both lyrical and musical geniouses. Or Kurt Cobain. He died on my twelfth birthday... He was an amazing artist as well.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
George Washington

Charles Darwin- His book The Origin of Species shook the foundations of science and religion when it was published. Something I didn't know about him was that he was given a state funeral when he died.

Julius Caesar

J.R.R. Tolkien

...and a host of others.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with meeting Darwin!!!! He fasinates me and I'm sure we would have a lot to chat about!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first thought was Eve but it would have to be prior to 'the fall' so I could tell her, whatever the snake says, he's full of it! Save the rest of us women a load huh?

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My first thought was Eve but it would have to be prior to 'the fall' so I could tell her, whatever the snake says, he's full of it! Save the rest of us women a load huh?
Wow! We're getting deep here!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alexander the Great. When I was a teenager and all the other girls were drooling over singers and actors, I was busy obsessing over him. I still have a fascination for him. I would love to hear about his victories and failures that we didn't hear about.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War and his wife just to try to figure out what made her tick and what her mental or emotional problems were.

On a lighter note, Mae West. I've always kind of been fascinated by women who were bawdy and real down to earth before it was okay to be like that.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All sorts of musicians (The Beatles, lol)
Rembrandt van Rijn, the painter, because I love his work.
JRR Tolkien, because there are definitely questions I need to have answered.
Otzi, the Ice Man. He is a 5000+ year old mummy now, but everything was intact when they found him.

There are so many others I would have liked to have met ....

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to hear Mark Twain's take on the current political elections in the US.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, good question!

Joan of Arc--she's been my hero since I was a teenager.
Mary Magdalene--I have so many questions
Vincent van Gogh--he's my idol; I believe he's the greatest painter that ever picked up a brush.
Edgar Allen Poe--he was a genius.