Coco dosent want to Eat

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she being treated right now for the infection with antibiotics? How long has it been since she's eaten? Has she had any senior bloodwork done?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is on Clavamox but it makes her throw up sometimes. She is on her 4th box of it. Its a Bad infection.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probably making her nauseous, but she needs to eat something. You could try baby food (Gerber, #2, meat, pureed - no garlic or onion.)

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
poor thing, I know the clavamox can upset the kitty tummies.

When my baby wouldn't eat I gave her KLM, (kitten milk), and/or mixed it in with her wet food to make it soupy. I also got her Weruva, it's mostly soupy and she seemed to be able to keep it down pretty well.

but, when she wouldn't eat on her own I syringe fed her. you may want to consider this, ask your vet. They'll usually give you a syringe that's appropriate for the job for free.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

poor thing, I know the clavamox can upset the kitty tummies.

When my baby wouldn't eat I gave her KLM, (kitten milk), and/or mixed it in with her wet food to make it soupy. I also got her Weruva, it's mostly soupy and she seemed to be able to keep it down pretty well.

but, when she wouldn't eat on her own I syringe fed her. you may want to consider this, ask your vet. They'll usually give you a syringe that's appropriate for the job for free.
Off topic, a bit...

Isn't Weruva great? I wish I could afford to feed it to my 5 cats... Right now it's for a treat...

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yea, it's good stuff.
They sell it pretty reasonably at Petfood Express

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do I get that at. We do not have that Store here. As soon as I gave her the Clavamox tonight she threw it up. I will talk to the Vet.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got her to eat the other food a little but it isnt good for her. She refuses teh Cd. She hs been on it over a year already. Does Clavamox make them lose their tatse?

G

ghostuser

It can make them nauseous.. It makes Chase really sick, he can't be given anything with amoxicillin in it anymore at all, including clavamox. Your best bet would be asking if the vet can give him something for the possible upset tummy/nausea or possibly think about changing the antibiotic altogether..

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitties are on CD diets, and when our one kitty was so sick he wouldn't eat, the vet told us to try the baby food. We bought Gerber's Chicken baby food - it has no additives, and chicken is pretty easy on a kitty's tummy.

If she won't eat this, try boiling plain chicken, nothing added. Since she's drinking water, she may drink the plain chicken stock. It's important that she eat - if it's been a couple of days, I'd get her to the vet ASAP.

Sending vibes that she feels better soon!

Laurie

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
I got her to eat the other Cats food but she refuses the CD still. We are caling teh Vet tomorrow. I hope they are open.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my baby was very finicky while on the clavamox. I bought a variety of canned and let her eat pretty much whatever she would eat. Better than nothing. They carry a prescription canned Science Diet at the vet, and while I HATE the ingredients, it's stinky and cats love it. Even if their tummy is yucky they'll usually eat pretty well on it.
ask your vet

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We called the Vet it is closed until Weds. I hate giving her the other Cats food because she has te Bladder Infection. Today she is Playing. I wonder if its the Clavamox.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
clavamox will make your kitty nauseous.

have you tried putting kitty caviar on her food? I've never seen a cat deny it.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vet gave her cephalexin today. She has to take it for 2 weeks and then another test. She ate the CD today bus has not at the meds yet. I will give them tonight.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
does kitty have to get meds twice a day? or just once?

maybe if she jut has to get them once you can give it after the evening meal? just a thought...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has to have it twice a day and she barfed some tonight again. All tehat came up was some not the food she ate. She sure gets sick from alot of Meds.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, at this point while kitty is on an antibiotic that would fight off the bladder infection I wouldn't worry about what you feed her just as long as she eats! I also have one kitty that had bladder issues and was on the cd.
If you have a wal-mart, go to the pet section and pick up some NaturalLife canned food! Good ingredients, THEY LOVE IT! Even my picky eater LOVES it... It is a little bit more expensive at like $.80 a can! Not too bad though... Kitties eat it really well and look forward to it each day. Ive had some recent sick kitty issues too! I wish you luck! Please keep us posted!

~Amber~