I Hate Daylight Savings Time!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's only 5 o'clock, but it seems more like 7 or 8 to me!
All my stray furbabies are sitting on the porch giving me "the look" as if to say, "Where's our dinner, you %@#&!"
To them, it's way past their dinnertime, but according to the clock, it's not!

~KK~

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had that problem here. Whitey starts to bug me at 8:00/8:30 to start playing. I just tell him he needs to readjust HIS clock to daylight savings

I never liked DST at all. They say that the only reason they do it now is for the kids going to school in the morning...that they won't be standing out in the dark. Well when I was a kid I had to get up so early to get to the bus stop early, that it was pointless...I was still waiting for the school bus in the dark

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when it gets dark early. I always get tired and feel like it's later than it is. Winter stinks.

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didn't even notice for 3 days. All my clocks update via satellite or internet so it just happens while I'm sleeping and I remain oblivious. It wasn't until I headed to my 6pm class that I realized it's complete dark instead of the sun just starting to set.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when it's dark so early, too. It feels like my whole day's gone by the time I leave work.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I hate it when it's dark so early, too. It feels like my whole day's gone by the time I leave work.
Now I leave in the dark and come home in the dark

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I work late, and I hate it because it is so much brighter in the mornings now, so I have trouble sleeping late. . .

That and when I come into work at 2:30 the sun is so much lower so I feel like I am running late for work!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I hate it when it gets dark early. I always get tired and feel like it's later than it is. Winter stinks.
I hate the time change too, I don't like that it's completely dark at 6:30!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed today just how dark it is at 5pm. I went to have a shower around 5 and it was already dark outside. I don't like it. I have been soooo tired this week too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molly is driving DH nuts. He gets up at 4am and now she is waking him up at 3am. They adjusted to dinner just fine.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when it starts getting dark earlier, this is my favorite time of the year.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when it gets sooo dark out at night soo early! I don't like driving in the dark or walking to and from my car in the dark when i have to run errands- so i dislike the time change for those reasons.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cat's had a hard time adjusting too. They would sit at their food dish an hour before it was time for food. The poor dears

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I'm with you! It is hard to get all of the chores done before dark. And it also means winter is coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

It's almost completely dark here by 5:30! I can handle 7 or later, but not before 6!

Another thing that's annoying is the fact that they keep changing WHEN DST is going to start and end. It used to be the same every year: the first Sunday in April, and the first Sunday in October (I think!) Then it got changed, and this year it got changed yet AGAIN!
How is anyone supposed to keep up w/ it, when it's changing all the time?!

~KK~

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout is being good actually..come to think of it..she hasn't been bad in almost a week! Maybe she LIKES the time change

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

I love when it starts getting dark earlier, this is my favorite time of the year.
This is my favorite time of the year too!