New Bengal Kitten!!! What an awesome Breed

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to drop a line to say what an awesome breed the bengals are.

We just brought home a female kitten 3 weeks ago and she is wonderful. In the little time we have had her she is highly intelligent, she already plays fetch at 14 weeks old, she is very active and such a lovable little darling. What a wonderful addition to our home!!! Not to mention she is very pretty with her spots and glitter.

I have always wanted a Bengal since reading the forums. I am so happy we finally made the decision to go ahead and find a breeder!!!!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I just wanted to drop a line to say what an awesome breed the bengals are.

We just brought home a female kitten 3 weeks ago and she is wonderful. In the little time we have had her she is highly intelligent, she already plays fetch at 14 weeks old, she is very active and such a lovable little darling. What a wonderful addition to our home!!! Not to mention she is very pretty with her spots and glitter.

I have always wanted a Bengal since reading the forums. I am so happy we finally made the decision to go ahead and find a breeder!!!!
I am soooo jealous, pictures please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an old fashioned camera so pictures will be along when we get them developed.. I have 2 more photos to take on the roll

I forgot to say her name is Zoey

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see them. I am trying to convince my DH to buy me a Bengal, I have found a good breeder, she has new kittens and more on the way,

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new family member! I love active cats, there's never a dull moment! I don't have a bengal myself, but with 2 very energetic cats (1 Cornish Rex cross and 1 Oriental) I do appreciate the value of the entertainment she must be giving you!

If I had ample space I would have a Bengal in a heartbeat! Alas I don't and a purebred Cornish Rex is next on my list, but I can always hope for a lottery win

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can never go wrong with a Cornish Rex
When you look for one, look for one with lots of nice waves

You sure you don't want to add an Ocicat to your list?????

Abbycats - is she a marble or a spotted and what color?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You can never go wrong with a Cornish Rex
When you look for one, look for one with lots of nice waves

You sure you don't want to add an Ocicat to your list?????
Oh I know that for sure
Radar may only have one Cornish Rex parent, but he is definitely Cornish Rex in personality (ie complete bonkers). They are really hard to come by here, with a really limited gene pool, it's a bit sad really considering that they are a UK breed. Here they tend to look much more like Kallibunker with a moderate look compared to the modern American Cornish Rex, and kittens are few and far between, but there have been exciting developments recently with studs imported from both Australia and the US, as well as the outcrossing programme to improve type. I've been to several shows now, and there's only ever one and the same Cornish Rex there and that needs to change!

I would love to have one as a pet and to show but there are a few barriers, a) lack of availabilty and b) I need to convince Nate that I need a purebred Cornish Rex show neuter in my life!!!! Many of the Cornish Rex here are Si-Rex (outcrossing to Siamese has been pretty much essential with the limited gene pool in the UK), but I'd prefer a Self (sorry, Solid!!!) or Bicolour so there may be a looooooooog wait involved!

ETA: I've not considered an Ocicat, I'm sure they are lovely and just the sort of personality that I look for - but they are more rare here than the Cornish Rex, and tabby isn't my preferred markings, so they are on my list after Cornish Rex about the same way down it (ie not far down it!) as Bengals

aliciahorsley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my husband finally gave in and we have a bengal too!

i am infatuated. i think about him when i am away from home. i cook up excuses to drop by the house so i can see him. i miss him when i am at work. i don't think i was this bad when my husband and i were dating.

the kids adore him as he plays along with their games. bern, my son, put him in a story reading chair and made him 'king'. then he and his sister brought all sorts of toys to present to the 'king'. it was so funny. they call him the chocolate children cat because he plays with them. the other cats love him too. he just fits in so nicely.

and i have spent a mental fortune on him. wanna get leashes, carry bags, bling etc

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new kitty!
She sounds adorable. I love bengals. Someone on another forum I use has 11 of them (at last count!), including an F1, and they really are beautiful cats. All the pics I see on there and on here do make me want one some day. Active cats can make you tear your hair out, but most of Mosi's antics make me smile too. I love naughty cats!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree Bengals are lots of fun and are very unique cats, and just so breathtakingly beautiful, that's it's really hard to show in photo's just how beautiful they are. I have 2 of them, myself.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats!
I can't wait to see pics! Bengals are such pretty cats!