Thank Goodness She's Gone!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of my health issues I get twice a month assistance with my house cleaning. The girl who comes is very nice. A bit too chatty for my liking sometimes but she does a good job.

Today she comes and we have our usual dish session about relationships. We got to talking about cancer and she mentioned that one of her clients was admitted to the hospital last Friday and she found out today from someone in his building that he died on Saturday. She then went on to say that the homecare office would more than likely be phoning my home looking for her in order to tell her that this fellow had died.

I looked at her cross-eyed because I couldn't believe that they would phone her at a client's home to tell her about the death of another client, especially when she wasn't scheduled to see that other client today.

Anyway, sure enough the homecare office called to talk to her and told her that the guy had died. Apparently this is the 2nd time they have done that to her.

Talk about inconsiderate! When you go to people's homes you get to know them, especially when you are going to their homes 4 times a week, and you obviously get attached to them. To have someone phone you at another client's home and tell them that one of their other clients has died is just rude and totally inappropriate.

Well, she went off on the person who called her and told her that her calling my home to break the news to her is inappropriate and that she should have just asked her to call her back once she was between clients, or even just leave a message one her home answering machine.

They spent 10 minutes arguing and I could hear the woman on the other end of the phone yelling.

After she hung up I got to listen to my cleaning lady go on and on about the situation and the conversation for an hour. My head hurt by the time she left and she was so upset about it that it upset and stressed me out!

But now she's finished and gone home and I took some Tylenol and plan on laying down for a much needed nap in about 30 minutes

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's truly amazing how much of a lack of common sense and courtesy there is today.
Yes, she had every right to be upset with the people calling her at your home, but she should have saved her rampage until she wasn't still with a client.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

sounds like a possibel scam to me. how would she know they would call u when she didnt even suppose to know he was dead?

not sure how it could be a scam, but it just sounds fishy.
It wasn't a scam.

It happened to her before so she had a good hunch that the manager would be calling.

The manager called on my phone and identified herself. I have spoken to her before so I know it was her.

It's not uncommon for the manger to call a client's home to talk to the homecare worker to let them know that their next client has cancelled.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor handling on the part of both of them. The manager should have left her a message at home or with you to be in touch when she had time to talk. And the homecare worker, especially knowing this would likely happen, should have kept her response to a minimum and saved the tirade for a private time. You should not have been involved in any way, and I'm sorry you had this stress inflicted on you.