Any of your cats eat lettuce?

vettech

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat loves lettuce. I could be having a slad with tuna or chicken and she will go for the lettuce, romain or baby greens of course. SHe also loves alfalfa sprouts too. Silly girl!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl, Spaz, will eat literally anything remotely food like, and if she is unsure if it is food, she will taste it to see.

She didn't get her name for nothing

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in my teens we had a cat that loved lettuce. She also loved cooked frozen mixed veggies...without butter.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mutty LOVES green beans and peas... I have no idea why. Always has.

I always give her some.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not the current ones, but I had a RB who would kill you for lettuce and a few Cornish rexes that would eat lettuce too.

Ling's pretty picky about people food. Charlie wants to sample ALL your people food - he's the only cat I've had that likes peaches, strawberries, plums and banana

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristotle is our lettuce eater. He has picked through the trash for some and even took some straight from Mom's salad a couple of weeks ago. He prefers iceberg.

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is kind of funny...my cat, Possum, is siamese and he LOVES fried rice!

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Barkley and Petunia love human food, especially various smells whenever Im cooking. Barkley not so much but Petunia loves the smell of vegetables. They really love Rotisserie Chicken from the supermarket deli
Petunia will start swatting if you dont feed her fast enough LOL!!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my sister's cats also loved lettuce. My middle child Moose loves sauerkraut & Lucy loves Cheerios. I guess they're just like people with their preferences.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vettech

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is turning into such a cute thread about all our cats little food preferences outside of their cat food.

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have recently discovered that Indie will eat anything from cat and people food to flies and carpets!!!!!!!!! earlier i had a salad sandwich and Indie gobbled it when i went to fetch a drink. His fav people food is cheese and toast - he goes mad if i have it and don't share

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never tried to feed Zoey lettuce... She likes cheese, rotisserie chicken, and then she always gets scraps, from steak, pork chops, roast, whatever.

alifaust

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats are little piggies, especially Aleister. When I have a cheeseburger, she'll come up and start trying to take bites right off the cheeseburger, usually I'll stop her, but often lately I'll wait till she's gotten a piece off, I just think it is so cute watching her try to rip into the burger.
Also, both Aleister and Faust love lettuce (iceberg) but Faust especially likes it. If I have Chicken Caesar salad, she'll grab a piece of lettuce, set it down in front of her, lick all the dressing off, then eat the lettuce. She will forgo the chicken in favor of lettuce, although I give her chicken after I'm done eating.
I thought my cats were unique because they love lettuce. Guess not!

leila

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty doesn't go for lettuce so far, but he does adore and go after in any way possible pure sugar.
He will attack bags of sugar and rip them open, then sit on the pile of sugar like he's in heaven or even paw sugar out of your coffee cup if you leave it unattended for a second.

He is my first cat and only 7 months old, but my husband tells me this isn't too normal. Fortunately he has never managed to get more than a few licks before we catch him, but I hope sugar isn't harmful (I know chocolate is bad). The only side effect I've seen is an angry glare when we clean up the mess

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My abys loved lettuce, green beans , asparagus, corn on the cob, and CANTALOUPE. Well one loved cantaloupe. The other HATED it!

And the ones I have now ... Lord Chewy is the 'loupe fiend.

My husband's cat a tortie Missouri Corn Cat (ie, free-bred maine coon look alike), like his Vegetarian Chili! And even lay on her back and burped afterward.

However, as cute and fun as it is ... as someone who is now on her SEVENTH cat with IBD
, I would caution you to be CAREFUL!!! Do not irritate those little tumtums!!!! It is not only sad to have an ailing kitty, it is EXPENSIVE to buy the meds and special diets!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Gracie LOVES lettuce. She'll stand up on her hind legs and beg for it. It's her favorite snack, even more than turkey or tuna, the kind of things you'd expect kitties to love. If I'm tearing up a head or lettuce or opening a bag of salad and say "Who wants yummy lettuce?" Gracie will coming running from wherever she is in the apartment and beg for some.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vettech

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is just too funny. I never thought when i started the topic I would get this many replys.
I love all the stories of your kitties.

So my cat is no unique. We are having salad with dinner tonight, she will be happy. My other 2 cats dont care about lettuce. The like ice cream , thats not unusal though.

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

They say cats can't taste sugar but I highly disagree - I know Charlie likes sweet things
Same with Petunia, I remember reading something a long time ago that said cats didnt like sweet things. Barkley not so much but Petunia loves cookies, cupcakes and especially those Hostess Snoballs.