Litter Robot?

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This thing looks like a godsend, but at 300$ per unit, I think buying two for both my kitten is a very expansive investment... are they worth their price tag with Worlds Best Cat Litter for example?

teetee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have read many good reviews about the Litter Robot and was considering buying one last year but ended up getting the CatGenie instead because there is no litter involved and seemed more sanitary. I have had it since December and have been very happy with it. It usually works great unless the kitty has loose loose stools and then it is really disgusting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This thing looks cool as well !

But what do you mean by disgusting?

teetee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If kitty has diarrhea, the scooper hand cannot pick up the poop and then proceeds to smear it all around the bowl. Then when the drying cycle comes on, it blow dries all the poop particles and stinks up the entire house. This is what's totally disgusting!

What I do is manually start the cleaning cycle everyday so that I can monitor kitty's poop and if it looks kinda soft or if pieces fall through the scooper hand, I either pick them out with the piece of tissue or use a spray bottle to break up the little pieces so that they are able to drain out the bottom of the bowl. The key is to avoid having any poop in the bowl during the drying phase or else you will regret it.

If kitty has normal stools, this thing works like a charm.

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive been told Litter Robot wont work for kitten ... is this true? Someone suggested I start with Lettermaid until theyre 1 year old... but jesus, its still 200$ ! Id rather get the Litter Robot now, even if I only plug it at night.

But then I guess they wont share the one litter if its not cleaned ... and getting two is out of the question!

CatGenie says its suitable for kitten 8weeks+ of age so I could start them in CatGenie... and it turns out my new appartment has the perfect spot beside the toilet for it

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerLord

Ive been told Litter Robot wont work for kitten ... is this true?
They do not recommend let kittens use it unsupervised, and it will not work if kittens are under 5 lbs as they can't trigger the sensor. You can always unplug it, then manually start the cleaning cycle when you get home.

Litter Robot has a 3 payment plan, and there are refurbished ones available. You can always return it within 60 days if you're unhappy with it.

I've had it for ~ 4 months and am very happy with it.

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I plug it when I get home once a day at first, is there a risk my two Siamese wont want to share it ?

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had a Litter Robot since November and have 3 cats. I got my 3rd cat after the LR was already set up and functioning and although she was 5 mos old and less than 4 pounds, she took to it like a duck to water. You can adjust the sensitivity a bit to accommodate lighter kitties.

If I were you, I'd set it up during a weekend and observe the kitten. There is nothing dangerous about the LR and the worst thing that would happen would be it wouldn't cycle until a larger cat triggered it.

It is worth the $300 and more. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!

Cally