TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Old shrimp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Old shrimp

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
My DH is about to eat shrimp that is dated for 08/05. I think he's nuts because I'm parinoid about food piosoning but he says it's OK. He is cooking the shrimp by the way. Heck, I won't even touch leftovers more than three days old.
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
My DH is about to eat shrimp that is dated for 08/05. I think he's nuts because I'm parinoid about food piosoning but he says it's OK. He is cooking the shrimp by the way. Heck, I won't even touch leftovers more than three days old.
Ick.. tell him you're not cleaning up when he gets food poisoning...
post #3 of 14
It was frozen, right, not fresh? I agree with you, I wouldn't touch it! Yuk.
post #4 of 14
If, and only if, he knows what fresh and not fresh shrimp smells like, I would say he's ok. They don't know FOR SURE when things are going to go bad. Milk can go before the date or after. It's just a guess. But even knowing that, I cannot drink milk once it hits the date on the jug! Wierds me out! I'm so crazy! I hope he doesn't get sick though and that it tastes good!
post #5 of 14
A lot of people think freezing something puts it into some magical state of stasis in which no change occurs -- but noooooooo, frozen things do deteriorate, and my gosh, TWO YEARS? He's crazy!

Sure hope he's okay, though...
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
My DH is about to eat shrimp that is dated for 08/05. I think he's nuts because I'm parinoid about food piosoning but he says it's OK. He is cooking the shrimp by the way. Heck, I won't even touch leftovers more than three days old.
Ok, I just relized that people think the shrimp is 2 years old. Acctually the shrimp was dated for 8/5/07. It was only like three days old.LOL!!!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
A lot of people think freezing something puts it into some magical state of stasis in which no change occurs -- but noooooooo, frozen things do deteriorate, and my gosh, TWO YEARS? He's crazy!

Sure hope he's okay, though...
Are you by any chance a Dr Who fan?
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
Are you by any chance a Dr Who fan?
I don't know about Carol, but I am!

EX-TERM-IN-ATE!!!
post #9 of 14
Your DH is asking for trouble. Better have 911 handy and the hospital number - I'd throw it out - its NOT safe to be eating - cooked or not!


Ok never mind - if the shimp is dated 8/5/2007 then its still good IF it was frozen - if it was thawed, throw it out.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
Ok, I just relized that people think the shrimp is 2 years old. Acctually the shrimp was dated for 8/5/07. It was only like three days old.LOL!!!
I wouldn't eat it. I had 3-day old shrimp and scallops 2 weeks ago and I was sick as a dog.
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo View Post
I wouldn't eat it. I had 3-day old shrimp and scallops 2 weeks ago and I was sick as a dog.
Yeah, he cooked them and ate them and was fine. He'll eat anything.
post #12 of 14
I thought it was two years old! Did he get sick or was he O.K.?
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampWitch View Post
I thought it was two years old! Did he get sick or was he O.K.?
No he was fine. I personally wouldn't have ate 3 day old shrimp but he's brave. I really don't like to eat anything more than 3 days old. I have a paranioa about getting food posioning. I've never had it but it doesn't sound fun.
post #14 of 14
Ewwwwwwwwww.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Old shrimp