Stray Cats & Kittens

bianco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I am from Kuwait and new to this site. It is very sad that I see hundreds of stray cats and kittens all over here. I feed whenever I see them but that does'nt solve the problem. I would love to have them spayed or nuetured but they are wild and I cannot touch them. Is there anyway or anything I can do to stop them multiplying?

princess0924

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
nothing anyone can really do. My neighbor used to feed a bunch of cats and there were some cats who kept on getting pregnant they were pretty friendly. I took some of them to get fixed. I had to there were to many kitten dying and i had to do something so i took as many as i can. Unfortunally theres not much you can do for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bianco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A friend suggested that I should try mis some kind of birth control pills with the food, is this possible or is it harmful?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bianco

A friend suggested that I should try mis some kind of birth control pills with the food, is this possible or is it harmful?
Hi Bianco.....I'm not sure if the pills you friend mentioned are available where you are or whether they are even effective. They aren't available here although there has been a lot of research into non surgical methods of preventing pregnancy. If someone from another country who has the pills comes on this forum, perhaps you can get an answer. What I would encourage you to look into is TNR...which is Trap, Neuter, Return. You can find out more about it here:

http://www.alleycat.org/visitor.html

I would also encourage you to contact your local shelters and rescue groups to see what methods are available to work with the street cats.

Katie