I am SO ticked off (rant)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night there was a dog barking from at LEAST 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. I jumped out of bed to go see if it was our dogs because sometimes the kids let the dogs out after we go to bed. But I could tell that it was coming from at least 2 or 3 yards over. I got up 3 times because I was so worried it was out dogs, and even walked through the house to find the dogs, and sure enough, they were sacked out on the floor.

So we got a card at the house today from the police saying, "Please call regarding your dogs barking!"
I know it is the neighbor behind us, and that was the whole reason I was up all night worrying about it being our dog, and this is the thanks I get!!! I don't know what to do. They did call on the dogs a couple months ago when we were out to dinner because they were barking at 7 p.m. So now we have a record. Oh this makes me so angry & anxious. I was doing so well with my depressing/anxiety and now that's down the drain!!!

Oh well, thanks for reading this far, LOL. I'll let you all know what the police officer says when he calls me back.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, that would suck.I sure hope that you don't get into trouble over it and can prove it wasn't your dogs.Maybe go to a neighbor near the owners and ask them to vouch for you all.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that would really tick me off! You don't know for sure whose dogs they were? Let us know what the police said.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you take pictures or video of the neighbors dogs the next time they do this?

I once called animal control because there was a pack of dogs roaming the neighborhood (found out later they were my neighbors) and they asked me to take pictures of it to show them. I never did because another neighbor beat me to it, but when animal control showed up on my street they saw me out front and asked me questions about the dogs. Of course my two were going nuts in the window
so she asked about my dogs... but since she had the pictures it was easy to prove that it wasn't my two causing the problem.

HTH!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my neighbor's is always worried if his dog barks during the day when they are at work-I've assured him many times I rarely hear time bark-its a couple of other dogs in the area (and of course the nasty nosiy peacock). I would alert the police to the house down the road from you.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was growing up, my parents had a German Shepard. One night about 10:30 the police came to the door saying they had a complaint that our dog jumped a fence in the next block and tried to attack the neighbor's dog. Just about that time, Sabre (who was 13 at the time and full of artheritis) came hobbling out of the kitchen to see what the fuss was about. The policeman took one look at him and said "Sorry to bother you, have a good evening".

I'm sure they will understand once you explain it wasn't your dogs, but getting a neighbor to vouch for you is a good idea. Good luck!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't you just tell the truth and say it wasn't your dogs?!!?

Don't be stressed about this, you did nothing wrong! How ridiculous for someone to say it was your dogs!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been living in college towns too long... I can't even imagine calling the cops over a dog barking! You have a 'record' what does that mean?

The fact that it is this same neighbor calling about your dogs-- and none of your other neighbors-- may tip them off to your neighbor just being crochety and that there are other explanations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry it took so long to update...my laptop is dead and all I have is the work computer.

Well, the animal control office was really nice. It turns out that we rarely use our front door, and the dogs were barking on THURSDAY during the day at about 4 or 5 p.m. He saw our left-hand neighbor when he came to the house, who said, "I have no trouble with those dogs." I figure the dogs were either play fighting (which can sound a bit gruesome) or there was a squirrel running along the fence. That really gets them riled up!

Oh, and the officer said, "I know your dogs weren't the ones in the middle of the night, because I was there for that one too!" LOL. Whew. I get so anxious about all this stuff. Honestly!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Sorry it took so long to update...my laptop is dead and all I have is the work computer.

Well, the animal control office was really nice. It turns out that we rarely use our front door, and the dogs were barking on THURSDAY during the day at about 4 or 5 p.m. He saw our left-hand neighbor when he came to the house, who said, "I have no trouble with those dogs." I figure the dogs were either play fighting (which can sound a bit gruesome) or there was a squirrel running along the fence. That really gets them riled up!

Oh, and the officer said, "I know your dogs weren't the ones in the middle of the night, because I was there for that one too!" LOL. Whew. I get so anxious about all this stuff. Honestly!
Well thats good that he knew it wasn't your dogs..

I get anxious about this kind of stuff too..and it always turns out fine

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
glad it wasn't as bad as you feared! I *believe* I had animal control called on me, when I called them regarding the notice they put on the door they said they do random checks....uh, yeah, right
Anyway, I don't have Vino wear his collar when he's just chilling in the house cause the tags were rubbing a spot raw on his chest, so they had me call to give his license number, which of course I had. When I said I was calling to give it, the lady on the phone was like "oh, he has one?" and you're telling me you remember this and it was a random check??
I have no idea why someone would call on me for him not having a license anyway- mind your business much??