TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Well, I can't believe I did it.... I really did it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Well, I can't believe I did it.... I really did it!

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
This is something that I was really scared to do. I put in my 2 weeks notice today at work. They were treating me like **** at work, and so I told them this is my 2 week notice. I feel better about myself already!

It's weird how you can love your job so much and then the next day everything really changes. I started this job out at the beginning of the year, and I loved it. It seems like the more I know them- the more they take advantage of me! All day they have been begging me to stay- NOPE!

Wheww. What a relief!
post #2 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyphx View Post
This is something that I was really scared to do. I put in my 2 weeks notice today at work. They were treating me like **** at work, and so I told them this is my 2 week notice. I feel better about myself already!

It's weird how you can love your job so much and then the next day everything really changes. I started this job out at the beginning of the year, and I loved it. It seems like the more I know them- the more they take advantage of me! All day they have been begging me to stay- NOPE!

Wheww. What a relief!
!!! In another few weeks you will wonder why you waited so long. You will be happy in your new job, I know. May you find that job quickly and get some more $$$ in the deal!
post #3 of 28
Yes!!!!! Congratulations! Good luck in your new job search!
post #4 of 28
Good for you, it is important to be happy in what you do.
I myself have been thinking about making a career change one of these days as well. I have always enjoyed my job a great deal but with the opening of the second location my work load has increased greatly. I sometimes feel like I am on call 24/7 which is a little stressful.
Good luck with your future endeavours and I hope you find something you really like.
post #5 of 28
Good for you, glad you are feeling better about it already!
Hope your next job is much better! Sending you new good job vibes
post #6 of 28
Good for you...Good luck
post #7 of 28
Yay! I know how you feel..Good luck with your new start!
post #8 of 28
You go, girl!!! It's refreshing, isn't it? And it's a good reminder that you're still running your own show...good luck to you!
post #9 of 28
Good for you!! I hope you find the PERFECT job!!
post #10 of 28
Good luck in finding something good!
post #11 of 28
From someone who wasted 18 years of her life waiting for a job to start loving her back...
CONGRATULATIONS!
post #12 of 28
Congrats....it seems like you made the right choice for you! Good luck with the job search!
post #13 of 28
Good for you, you hafta be able to like your job, I hope you find something you like even better soon.
post #14 of 28
Thread Starter 
Well, a lot of the reason for me quitting this job is because of the pay. They promised me a raise- never got one. They promised me Administrator of office- never was. Plus, I never got paid overtime for working 50+ hours per week. I was only getting paid $10 per hour. Other than that, I liked the job!

So, just a little update, I gave my 2 weeks notice. They have been BEGGING me to stay. They told me how important I am to the company, and they are sorry for not letting me know that along the way. They want me to sit down with them today and discuss pay and maybe we'll work something out.

If they give me a good enough 'deal' I may take it, temporarily! Some of you may know that our roommate has a lot of baseball cards, that we will be selling... After we get the cards and start making money, I'll probably end up quitting anyway.

We'll see what happens today, and then I'll update you again! Thank you everyone for your support. Quitting a job is not easy, and not fun! Luckily, my bosses want me to stay, so they may give me the money I want!
post #15 of 28
Hopefully they will give you the raise and respect you deserve. Definately say something about the overtime and maybe ask for owed OT pay.
post #16 of 28
Thread Starter 
Yeah, because isn't it required that they pay for overtime if I work over 40 hours per week? I work over 50 hours a week, and don't get anything extra! I know I won't be there for a LONG time anyway, because I have other plans for my life! (Selling baseball cards!)
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyphx View Post
Yeah, because isn't it required that they pay for overtime if I work over 40 hours per week? I work over 50 hours a week, and don't get anything extra! I know I won't be there for a LONG time anyway, because I have other plans for my life! (Selling baseball cards!)
speaking of selling baseball cards - how lucrative is it and where do you sell them. FIL is giving me boxes worth and I was just going to sell them at a garage sale.
post #18 of 28
Hopefully, they will pay you for your overtime. If you really like the job and they are willing to give you a raise, stick with it until something else comes along. Isn't it a great/scary feeling putting in a notice though! I'm just waiting until I can do that at my job.
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
speaking of selling baseball cards - how lucrative is it and where do you sell them. FIL is giving me boxes worth and I was just going to sell them at a garage sale.
First, I would take them to a dealer to see if any of them are valuable. They may offer you money for them right off the bat. If not, I would sell them on ebay. Either by themselves or in lots. I wouldn't sell them at a garage sale because you probably won't get much out of them. If you need any help with Ebay, send me a message.
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Yeah I am going to be selling baseball/football/basketball cards. We have 1-5 million cards to sort through, categorize, and sell! I think if you want to make money first bring them to a card dealer, or sell on e-bay. One good thing about e-bay is a lot of people from all over and see it! Whereas if you put them on craigslist.org (or something similar) only people in your community will see them for sale!
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
First, I would take them to a dealer to see if any of them are valuable. They may offer you money for them right off the bat. If not, I would sell them on ebay. Either by themselves or in lots. I wouldn't sell them at a garage sale because you probably won't get much out of them. If you need any help with Ebay, send me a message.
Thanks - Let me see what he gives me this weekend. They may not be worth anything.
post #22 of 28
good for you hon!! something better will come your way!
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
Well, just to update everyone! Things are looking good!

My main concern with this job was the pay, and them taking advantage of me. I do a lot around the office, and don't get any credit for it. Well, when I put my 2 week notice in..... they said "We deny your right to quit!" They actually begged me to stay! They were buying me lunch, and just trying to get me to stay with them.

We sat down and had a discussion, and talked about what they could do to get me to stay with their company. First of all, I told them that I need July 4,5,6 and weekend off (I usually don't have to work the weekend anyway). Simply because July 6 is my birthday, and i'm going out of town! They said "No problem, you can have those days off!" Another thing I was worried about is when we get the baseball cards and I'm going to be needing time off to go get them, etc. They said "No problem, just let me know when you need off and we'll cover for you!" Wheew! Another worry of mine was that I was only getting $10 per hour, no overtime pay. I was working 50+ hours for these people, and doing more than what's in my job description. So, they made me Office Administrator. I went from $10 to $12 per hour (Not bad!). I also told them that I can't promise I'm going to be with them forever, because of the baseball cards I may need to quit later this summer. They said that was fine as long as I give a 1 week notice. They said they didn't know what to do without me! That feels good to hear!
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyphx View Post
Well, just to update everyone! Things are looking good!

My main concern with this job was the pay, and them taking advantage of me. I do a lot around the office, and don't get any credit for it. Well, when I put my 2 week notice in..... they said "We deny your right to quit!" They actually begged me to stay! They were buying me lunch, and just trying to get me to stay with them.

We sat down and had a discussion, and talked about what they could do to get me to stay with their company. First of all, I told them that I need July 4,5,6 and weekend off (I usually don't have to work the weekend anyway). Simply because July 6 is my birthday, and i'm going out of town! They said "No problem, you can have those days off!" Another thing I was worried about is when we get the baseball cards and I'm going to be needing time off to go get them, etc. They said "No problem, just let me know when you need off and we'll cover for you!" Wheew! Another worry of mine was that I was only getting $10 per hour, no overtime pay. I was working 50+ hours for these people, and doing more than what's in my job description. So, they made me Office Administrator. I went from $10 to $12 per hour (Not bad!). I also told them that I can't promise I'm going to be with them forever, because of the baseball cards I may need to quit later this summer. They said that was fine as long as I give a 1 week notice. They said they didn't know what to do without me! That feels good to hear!

I'm glad they are treating you a little better. Did you say anything about overtime?
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
I mentioned it. I pretty much told them that if they gave me a raise and gave me all the days off that I will be needing in the future, then I wouldn't make a big fuss about the overtime. It was hard enough to even put a 2 weeks notice in since I'm 'friends' with them. I know I won't be at this job for a LONG time, simply because of the baseball cards... so this is good for now
post #26 of 28
Good to hear that you got a $2 raise! I hope they treat you better, you dont need to be treated like that!
post #27 of 28
Wow, thats a good deal you got then...They must know they would be lost without you
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
I was happy to get a $2 raise. It sure helps

BTW: Since I put my 2 weeks notice in (which I'm not quitting now!) they have been being SUPER nice to me. They've been buying me lunch, asking ME what time I want to get off work, they let me come into work at 8 today instead of 6... it really helps to put a 2 weeks notice in! Also, before they had my hours as 7-5 then they switched them to 6-4... well I told THEM that I want it 7-5 again because 6 is too early for me! They said OK!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Well, I can't believe I did it.... I really did it!