Guess what I found in a parking lot last night.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, you got to tell me if this is bad, because the guilt is kind of getting to me now. Last night, I stopped at Sheetz (a 24 hr convienance store/gas station) after work because I really needed to fill up. I pulled up to the furthest pump from the door...and sitting off to the side was a scratching post! Just a small one, about 2 ft high, but it looked fairly new...the siesal (?) didn't have a lot of wear on it but you can tell it had been used. The carpet at the bottom and on the top was in good condition. Well, I filled up, went inside to pay, which took about 10 minutes and when I went out it was still there. So, I put it in my back seat and took off!

Now, I'm feeling guilty. I doubt that anyone put it out for any outdoor cats (that's why god invented trees, right?), especially in a busy parking lot. But, I can't understand how it got there...unless it fell off someone's truck or something. What if someone was moving and while unpacking realized they lost fluffy's favorite post? But, I don't want to take it back and leave it there because it could have caused an accident (ok, very low possibility of that, but it's possible!). What should I do? I am entirely too paranoid. I kept expecting the cops to track me down the whole way home.....

"um...Miss? You have something in your car that we thing doesn't belong to you. I need DNA samples from all your cats to match to the furr and claw shavings on the post. You could be in deep trouble"...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope - probably someone left it there on purpose so that you (or someone like you) would find it and give it a home where it will be well used.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say: Finders, Keepers.

Unless you see something posted in the local paper in the lost & fouind section, I wouldn't worry about it!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'd say: Finders, Keepers.

Unless you see something posted in the local paper in the lost & fouind section, I wouldn't worry about it!
I agree, Finders Keepers! I hope your kitties enjoy it!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that someone probably ditched it there cuz they didn't want it. If your concerned you could always call the store and see if anyone has been looking for it though.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just hope that some cat wasn't left with that scratching post too.

Totally though: Finders keepers. If someone was that stupid to leave it outside a gas station, then they deserve to have it taken.

Congrats on your newly found gift!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I agree that someone probably ditched it there cuz they didn't want it. If your concerned you could always call the store and see if anyone has been looking for it though.
I will probably do that tomorrow. I haven't brought it into the house yet, it's still in the backseat of my car. I never thought that maybe someone dropped off a cat with it, but I didn't see one. Ok, double guilt now!