Update: Day 4 - life with the new furkid

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, somebody decided to pig out on dry food last night and barf it up all over the rug on my bedroom floor.

I don't know who it was exactly, but the dry dish of mixed in the kitchen was cleaned out, while Penny's dish of Royal Canin was pretty much untouched, as was the wet Sheba I put out for her last night. So that brings one suspect up into the forefront... and her name isn't Ginger or Ferris.

I brought Penny out of her hidey hole condo tube this morning by teasing her with a favorite mini-mylar wand that Nial gave me to bring with her. She started purring up a storm, and we were having fun until the furmonsters arrived - but they wanted to play, too!

So I got up and went into the other room to fetch a raffia wand and the three followed me into the kitchen and up onto the condo to play. We had some decent interaction, with just one confrontation between Penny and Ginger - it included a small volley of swatting along with the growling and hissing.

That was the closest all three have been with the least amount of posturing.
Very good sign.

After the play session, Ginger and Ferris each came to me for some lovies, and Ferris asked to sit on my lap, not once, but twice. He was such a good boy that he allowed me to get a matt out of his belly fur without the need for assistance - and he got MUCH praise for being so good.

Ferris has welcomed my kisses with closed eyes and an extended neck over the last two days - this a change from just a week ago, where he would allow the kiss, but then pull away.

Flower Essences work magic on this semi-feral yellow fuzzball. He is getting so socialized!

Right now all three kits are napping in the living room, and this time Penny isn't tucked away in the tube, but is comfortably sleeping on the lower bunk of the double-decker hammock. Another spot that she can lay claim to, as the others don't usually lie there.

I've sought Penny out a few times today just to stroke her and give her lovies, and she is responding nicely, although she is not yet accustomed to my presence and my walk. She isn't sure what to make of my roomie yet, either, and has so far been a low and fast-moving shadow along the edges of the wall.

Ferris and Ginger are pretty much back to normal.

I was worried that the stress may bring on soft stool, but I'm happy to report that the poop situation is healthy, firm and regular. On all three counts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

And you get the added joy of poop monitoring!!!
Yes, yes, I do. I'm also glad to report that the little piece of mylar that Penny ate on Saturday came out in her poop yesterday.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that everything seems to be going smoothly. I have enjoyed the commmentary and the pictures so much! Keep up the dialogue and the pics!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Yes, yes, I do. I'm also glad to report that the little piece of mylar that Penny ate on Saturday came out in her poop yesterday.
Only this group could truly appreciate the joy in that fact
I think all my poop monitoring is making DH a little nervous.
I told him I've got my hands full (so to speak) with these two, so you'll have to watch your own!