MN Buffalo!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are they someone's "livestock" buffalo? I know one place around here has them....they just don't look quite "in place" in MN soemtimes!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Are they someone's "livestock" buffalo? I know one place around here has them....they just don't look quite "in place" in MN soemtimes!
Yeah! People have them right on 15!

Great pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those were taken on 14, near 212. And I think they are livestock buffalo cause they showed no fear at all, came close to the fence as I walked over to take pictures.

There's also a farmer near Hwy 7 outside of Cosmo that has Elk, will have to see if we can catch them close to the fence to take pictures.

I do agree, its really weird to see buffalo almost in town

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is one place with deer, too. I always feel bad because they look so bored & there seem to be so many in the pens.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tatanka!

Buffalo are some fantastic creatures. It's a shame that commercial hunting almost drove them to extinction. There are an estimated few hundred Buffalo in the US and some have even been crossed with cows (beefalo). They won't attack a human unless they are provoked. If that happens good luck trying to outrun one, they can hit speeds of 35mph.