My mom just royally ticked me off

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, did she ever!!
I forgot my son has a music program in Pittsburg tomorrow, ya know, where that poor cat needs to be taken, and well.........so I *thought* awesome, this is her chance to get a ride to the shelter, boy was I mistaken!!
I told my mom all about it and the situation and all she can say is "Monica, you cant save every animal, if that woman wants that cat to go to that shelter she can take her! I dont wanna have to take it, and listen to it cry and meow the whole way"

So here I sit on the other end of the phone(about in tears) and she still continues to ramble. Then proceeds to gripe because I got a new kitten and how my husband is going to kick me out and just let the animals take over the place!!
Dear god! I really am so ****** right now. She has no right to lecture me............

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree that she's being unreasonable. But, if she's driving, then she has a right to say no (unfortunately). However, like you, I'd be pissed too about her attitude.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like ur mom sounds like my grandma, my gram lectured my mom for weeks about us getting 2 kitties and then we tried to get her to adopt another which we did and she originally wanted our willie
and she still does, we told her nope hes ours
then she told us what ur mom told u pretty much and today she called about her kitty knocking over the curtains again
and she needs us to fix it
! !! But I am glad ur heart is in the right place
I hope somehow this kittie gets to the shelter! Many many
to u!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Wow, that's pretty cold. Your mom doesn't know that the kitty will meow the whole way, and what's the big deal if it does?

I hope you can ignore the lectures and keep following your heart.
I know. Thats just my mother!!
She just opens her mouth and dont know when to shut it! I am going to try my damndest to get her to take it with us.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you're having such a rough time. Helping animals can earn so much contempt from other humans sometimes. I'm thankful for my animal friends who understand and lend a hand when it's needed. I hope things look up for you soon!