TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Take Your Pet to Work Day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Take Your Pet to Work Day

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Our daughter works in an office that is having a "Bring Your Pet to Work" day so last night she loaded a litter box, food and water dishes and some dry food in the car and this morning took Mika to work with her. She called me about 1/2 hour ago to say that Mika was happily napping on her little heating pad beside the computer monitor. She said that Mika went right into her Boss' office and rubbed herself against his legs and chirped at him. Mika is such a social butterfly and she adores little kids. I'm thinking of taking her to the All About Pets Show but I have to check to see if she would be allowed in first.

Since I thought this was so cute I wanted to share.
post #2 of 27
That's great that she's happy to settle in a new environment so easily, some cats would be quite unhappy with the whole situation I'm sure!

I wouldn't dare take my 2 into the office, I don't have the money to replace all the stuff they'd probably destroy
post #3 of 27
AWW! That is so cute! I wish we had that here at our office Thanks for sharing!
post #4 of 27
How sweet! I wish my office could do that. But since we deal with food and people who hadle food I don't think that will ever happen!
post #5 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
That's great that she's happy to settle in a new environment so easily, some cats would be quite unhappy with the whole situation I'm sure!

I wouldn't dare take my 2 into the office, I don't have the money to replace all the stuff they'd probably destroy
I am picturing the same thing! Except I have 6 cats and 2 dogs! Yeah, the place would be trashed!!

That is great that she settled in so quickly. What a good kitty!
post #6 of 27
That is so cool...Take your pet to work day...I love it! Mika ...you good girl
post #7 of 27
That's great! If my DH did that, it would be "freak your cat out at work day" LOL- unless they all went, then it might be okay . The boss's Mastiff might be a problem, though . At least I can dump our dog on him if I really need to !
post #8 of 27
aww hehe, my babies would just freak out if i did that, but then agian i work with children!
post #9 of 27
My friend's last place of employment would let her bring her dog to work with her if the dog was sick, or if it was going to thunderstorm that day because she freaks out....I think that would be cool..Never in my work place---a hospital ICU..
post #10 of 27
What a great kitty! Mika is such a special girl.

I think Mojo would probably be OK, except that I wouldn't get ANYTHING done. I would either be holding her (she loves being held) or chasing after her so she wouldn't destroy anything important.
post #11 of 27
That's great that your daughter's workplace did that. And Mika . . . what a wonderful girl!

I take my 3 to work everyday, but then I work at home.
post #12 of 27
What a great idea! I wish my office would do that

How great that he settled in so well without being scared or freaked out.
post #13 of 27
Can you imagine what would happen if I brought 8-Bit to work with me? He'd crash the computer system and tell off my boss! I'd get fired!

It's wonderful that she is having a great time though!
post #14 of 27
wow! that would be so neat! only problem with having it here is that 90% of the people here either hate cats or are afraid of them
post #15 of 27
Thats really cool that your daughters office does that. It sounds like Mika is really enjoying herself!
post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Can you imagine what would happen if I brought 8-Bit to work with me? He'd crash the computer system and tell off my boss! I'd get fired!

It's wonderful that she is having a great time though!
Heaven forbid! 8-Bit is a whole different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
wow! that would be so neat! only problem with having it here is that 90% of the people here either hate cats or are afraid of them
Yes, unfortunately a lot of people are frightened of cats. One of my good friends is terrified of them and when she visits I can see that she's worried the cats will go to her. I believe she had a bad experience as a child and has never gotten over it. It's really too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBear View Post
Thats really cool that your daughters office does that. It sounds like Mika is really enjoying herself!
Mika is rather unusual. Jennifer has been taking her with her since she was a kitten so she's well used to the car and Jen takes her shopping with her as well. Mika also loves small children which is a bit unusual. I can't see bringing Bijou to work even though he is calm and used to going out with us shopping and so on. Jen just e-mailed me that Mika is curled up sleeping in the filing cabinet - I cannot see nosey Bijou doing that.
post #17 of 27
That could never happen here, Tara is too curious, she would get into everything!! Frenchie would be following right after her and then the moment I'd get really into a project she'd be on my desk. Also I have a suitemate with an exotic parrot, definitely not a good mix!!!
post #18 of 27
That's great!

When I worked in an office I often wished I could bring my kitty with me, especially when they were itsy bitsy babies!

Chynna my oldest would be ok to take to an office and she would enjoy it too. She is quite the social butterfly. Abby on the other hand...I'd never be able to get her out of the house. Her legs go every which way when I try to put her in a carrier, LOL And I only get one chance because if she manages to get away from me before I get her in the carrier, she's gone and hiding in a place that I can't get to her and there is nothing in this world, not even the bribe of a brush, to get her to come back out until she's good and ready.
post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
That's great!

When I worked in an office I often wished I could bring my kitty with me, especially when they were itsy bitsy babies!

Chynna my oldest would be ok to take to an office and she would enjoy it too. She is quite the social butterfly. Abby on the other hand...I'd never be able to get her out of the house. Her legs go every which way when I try to put her in a carrier, LOL And I only get one chance because if she manages to get away from me before I get her in the carrier, she's gone and hiding in a place that I can't get to her and there is nothing in this world, not even the bribe of a brush, to get her to come back out until she's good and ready.
We leave the carrier out with the door open and a nice comfy towel inside several days before a vet visit. In those few days, the kitties play hide and seek with each other and often have a nap in the carrier so when vet time comes, the carrier isn't especially scary.
post #20 of 27
Awwwww that's so lovely that she was relaxed with everything My two wouldn't like all the noise that comes from our place, pluse it's like grand central station at time
post #21 of 27
Hehe I bring my pets to work with me almost everyday I work at the animal shelter- so i bring my little bottle baby foster kittens/puppies into work with me so i can feed them while i'm at work! Since I work at the shelter- that works out great They also get spoiled rotten by all my coworkers
post #22 of 27
What a brilliant idea!!! I am so glad Mika had a good time and enjoyed being the centre of attention!! I wouldn't dare take my boys into work - they would trash the place!!!!
post #23 of 27
That's so lovely that your daughter is able to do that with Mika! I'd love to take Villy in to my office, but it would NEVER be allowed, and Villy would be so scared bless her.
post #24 of 27
That's a great idea! I wish Reilly & Sydney were that sociable
post #25 of 27
Awww! That is so sweet! I'd love to take my girls to work!

Mom did have Olivia at the office for a bit the other week. (She was on her way to the vet.) It was so fun showing her off and all, I was totally distracted trying to get her to play while she explored!
post #26 of 27
That's so cool that your daughter's work does that! How did everyone's pets mix? I can't believe Mika is so relaxed being taken everywhere.
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady View Post
That's so cool that your daughter's work does that! How did everyone's pets mix? I can't believe Mika is so relaxed being taken everywhere.
As it turned out, the lady who usually brings her dog was out sick today so it really ended up only being Mika in the office. She sucked up to Jennifer's boss and then spent a lot of her day sleeping in the filing cabinet. She even smells like Jennifer's boss' cologne (Mika that is) so he must have been getting some lovin' from her.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Take Your Pet to Work Day