I am getting more and more nervous...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the thought of leaving Trout alone for a week.
I feel sick about it...

I know she will be fine because someone is coming to look after her, but I just keep thinking what if she gets anxiety and doesn't eat or something..I am terrified because she has NEVER been alone that long before without scritches and cuddles and love.

Can I get some calming vibes for her and me please? I am leaving in 2 days and I keep getting more nervous.
I feel like she is going to think I have abandoned her.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I always get that way when I have to leave Jamie, but he seems to weather it just fine. Can the person looking after Trout spend some time there with her? If she doesn't make up at first, even just watching some TV or reading the newspaper will give her some companionship.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I always get that way when I have to leave Jamie, but he seems to weather it just fine. Can the person looking after Trout spend some time there with her? If she doesn't make up at first, even just watching some TV or reading the newspaper will give her some companionship.
I agree. Whenever we have to leave the boys, my friend stops by for an hour or 2, just hanging out with them, watching TV & playiing with them. It helps so they aren't so lonely, but I know that my boys keep eachother company when we are gone... I think Trout needs a kitty friend!

I think she'll be okay, just give her lots of love before you leave, I hope your friend can spend a little time w/ her when they stop by!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always feel the same way, but the girl who takes care of my babies stays over here a lot, even over night, which is ideal...Bella barely ate when I was gone even if DH was here...so Trout may not eat as much...don't be alarmed.
Many calming vibes to you and Trout, and have a nice trip Nat

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel bad I had to leave my crew for 4 days at Christmas & I was so nervous. The whole drive to Michigan & most of the first night all I could think about was are the OK. I'll send lots of calming vibes for you & lots of don't worry Mom's comming home soon vibes for her. I'm sure She will be fine, but I don't like leaving my cats alone either.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like leaving my kitties either so I understand how you feel Natalie. As several others here have already asked, can your friend spend some good time with sweet Trout?

Good luck hun...
Hilda>^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

I don't like leaving my kitties either so I understand how you feel Natalie. As several others here have already asked, can your friend spend some good time with sweet Trout?

Good luck hun...
Hilda>^..^<
Well its my ex boyfriend, and he is only even doing this to begin with because I had NOONE else that could do it. For some reason, I imagine me asking him to spend some time with her would result in some sort of rolling of the eyes
Of course I will ask him to, but we'll never know if he actually does.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's only natural to feel that way, Nat, 'cause you love your little weirdo
so much. I feel the same way when I go out of town, even if it's just for a couple of days. Just remember that Trout will be well take care of and focus on how happy she'll be to see her meowmy when you get home. I get the impression that Trout's a pretty fiesty little girl, so she'll be just fine.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! I know exactly how you feel. I left Kitty for a week in January and it was the first time since we moved into our own flat.
I worried something stupid and he was totally fine! Even rang up and spoke to him on phone and he didn`t even care!
Someone went in twice a day to feed him and someone else gave him his suppertime snack.
I put a light on a timer switch in the lounge and bedroom so he wasn`t sat there in the dark. When I got back he just said he was starving as usual.
When I left him before and other people were about in the house he blanked me for a day and thet was it.
I`m sure he will be ok

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Nat! She will be fine. She will miss you of course but that will only make her thrilled to see you when you get home!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww....

Major calming vibes for both you AND your babygirl.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!! It will be ok Nat! Trout knows you love her.

It is very hard to leave them, for any period of time, I always feel guilty!!

Its ok though....

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We always look after our neighbours kitty when she goes away, and she's a single kitty, and is attention starved when we go to visit her and feed her, but she's fine. She spends maybe 15 minutes rolling around me purring away, then gets bored, and goes to sleep somewhere else. Her meowmy always says that when she gets home, Cleo is so lovey and won't leave her side that day, and always snuggles on the bed that night, and then she's back to normal the next day.

Trout will just realise how much she loves and misses her meowmy

Now I assume your ex knows that Trout tried to escape the other day and knows to be VERY careful when he opens the door?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean! I worry myself sick and feel guilty about a week before and the whole week of vacation when I have to leave my kitties. It always turns out ok, though
If it makes you feel any better, think of it this way: As much as cats sleep, they probably don't realize that we're gone as long as we really are!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout is one tough cookie, she will be fine. I would definately look into getting her a playmate...
My 2 have a real hoot together!
And at least she wouldn't be lonely.....

sending you calming vibes Nat!
You both will get through this!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, you've gotten some good suggestions here! Most especially about warning your ex-boyfriend that Trout slipped out the other day, and about calling so she can hear your voice! That would reassure her, I'll bet.

Remember to send your own vibes to her while you're gone, too! I'll bet she feels 'em!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's natural to be nervous about leaving your pet in the care of someone else. But I'm sure she'll be fine. I would try not to worry.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh hun, it will be okay.

Lasy year at easter I got food poisoning at a family gathering and went home with my parents I ended up being there for 4 days. I was so worried about the kitties but I had left them more than enough food and water for the 2 days I was planning on being gone so they were fine when I got home. Maybe a little anoyed because they missed me but physically fine.

Trout is such a good kitty, it will all be fine! *HUGS*