Ooops!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We forgot to change back the clocks to finish daylights savings last night and so hubby went to work a hour early. It wasn't until I looked at the time on the laptop and realised our mistake - well, at least he will finish work an hour earlier then!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did that once!
I didn't get to leave early though. *grump*

This year we had to change to daylight savings time a month early - and Gary and I don't have TV, so we had NO idea until the day before. I HATE losing an hour - especially when I'm not prepared for it!

Laurie

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I guess that's better than being an hour late! How about getting a radio-controlled clock, which switches automatically? I love those things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Losing an hour without realising it would be much worse! I don't watch a lot of tv - the only shows I watch are House and CSI so I don't see much that is going on - I was watching a dvd last night and so I didnt see any tv ads about changing the time. Doh!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Losing an hour without realising it would be much worse! I don't watch a lot of tv - the only shows I watch are House and CSI so I don't see much that is going on - I was watching a dvd last night and so I didnt see any tv ads about changing the time. Doh!
Losing an hour sucked - but gaining an hour only to spend the extra hour at work wasn't so great!

Laurie

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've done that before and showed up to work an hour early. Sat there wondering where the heck everyone was.
Didn't get to go home early either.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the U.S., we went on Daylight Savings Time really early this year and unfortunately, all of the computer controlled stuff did not know that. Things like phones and PDAs and computers that are supposed to "know" when to change are all off now. The problem is for people that have corrected this because all of the computer controlled stuff is going to advance the time on April 1. So, if you have adjusted your things because of this, remember they will be changing again, that is the way they are programmed and they did not know that Congress decided to change the rules because it was "going to save energy."