Urgent Problem please help ASAP!

xenonii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed a few minutes ago my cat, who is nearly 19 and became blind a few months ago, is panting and won't stop. What could be wrong?

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I, personally, have no idea - dehydration or some kind of attack would be my best guess. BUT, right now, if it's so urgent.... you need to be getting her to the vet, please! Okay?

Yes, some people on here know a good amount about cats, but we're no experts (especially not me). The best idea right now would be to get her to the nearest emergency vet.

Best wishes; my thoughts are with you

I hope your sweetie is alright.

Sending
{{{{{{{
healing vibes
}}}}}}}
out to your cat and you

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know the answer to that. I think at this point without other symptoms it could very well be anything. If you have the money, take the little one to the vet, emergency room if possible. If it's any sort of respiratory disease or trouble breathing, it could be really dire really quickly.

I'm sending tons of
and good vibes for the baby.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time I have seen a cat pant like that (and wasn't in heat
) was when our Meggie had a fever and was dehydrated. I would call your vet or the emergency vet right away, especially considering that your cat is 19 years old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xenonii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got back taking her to the vet. Her breathing is back to normal and the panting has stopped and she does seem to have made some recovery but is still not as well as before. They are keeping her there over night. Thanks to all those that were supportive.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in a warm country? My cats do pant in the summer if they are hot.

I hope your cat will be okay

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At l9 years old, it could easily be a cardiac problem - one of the things we may have to accept about our friends when they are that old. I do hope he feels better.

xenonii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Are you in a warm country? My cats do pant in the summer if they are hot.

I hope your cat will be okay
Thanks. Southern Queensland and it has been a bit warmer than usual today and our air conditioning has broked down but i've never seen a cat pant before.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep us posted on how the cat is doing.

I am sending you and her prayers and hugs from Mississippi, I hope she is feeling better soon.

dottydotcom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cats used to pant occasionally during the afternoon in the summertime. As a part of the every-morning routine we poured them fresh water, both indoors and outdoors. However, we started supplying them with fresh water, not only in the morning, but in the afternoon and at night as well. Consequently, they rarely panted.

Cats are enormously picky about their water. They love fresh water. Some of them will even temporarily forfeit their dignity and drink from the toilet bowl like a goofy dog to get fresh water.

I suspect that fresh water is one of the most important things for the overall health of cats, especially their urinary tracts.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending get well wishes to your kitty. I'm so glad you got her to the vet. I hope she is going to be ok. Please let us know.

xenonii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had had to be 'put to sleep'. I feel like my life is over and will never be happy again.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you're feeling. If (when, I suppose) anything happens to my kitties.... well I just can't imagine it. I'm so sorry. Know at least that your baby lived a long and happy life. Someday I know you two will meet again. I'm so sorry.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I know you miss her, but you did the right thing, letting her go so that she didn't suffer. Someday you will be together again.

Rest in Peace little girl, be happy across the rainbow bridge.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my that is so sad, you did do the right thing for her
and you will feel sad & lost but you will have some happy memories of your sweet kitty and in time those memories will make you smile again

We are all here .........take care and please feel free to come here to 'download ' of you need to