OH LORDY me!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please guys will you read this and tell me an honest opnion. I "frequent" another forum and found this:

My bf's daughter decided that the cat needed a hair cut and cutted the cat's whiskers I know they are very important because whiskers help the cat feel his way around now my concern is that they won't grow back. Do they grow back?

Thanks in Advance!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to remember hearing about this before...may have been my little sister! But they grow back just fine. Is that what you were wondering? (Sorry, it's getting late!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I seem to remember hearing about this before...may have been my little sister! But they grow back just fine. Is that what you were wondering? (Sorry, it's getting late!
)
I found this on another forum, and was just kinda curious. I thought they were pretty important to the kits!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

They are, but the only thing I remember is that if their whiskers can go through, their body can go though. Other than that, I don't remember
. Sorry!

Oh! Found a link to "how stuff works" about cat whiskers!

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question592.htm
Thanks for the link.

Ok now someone has me furious from this site. If ya would, read this post, please:

LOL,I use to cut cats whiskers to see them go sideways and around in circles lol,but yes they do grow back,I know first hand lol.

BTW I'm not an animal abuser lol. I have two awesome Dachsunds that are my most coolest friends lol..I'll load a pic when I have time to scan their pictures

Umm, ok what do you call it then? Im sorry, just sounded a bit cruel to me!!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh they definately grow back...one day I looked at niles, and on one side all his whiskers had been singed to half the length! Guess I wasnt careful enough with a candle....of course, I had 3 male housemates at the time, so I can always blame them

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Oh they definately grow back...one day I looked at niles, and on one side all his whiskers had been singed to half the length! Guess I wasnt careful enough with a candle....of course, I had 3 male housemates at the time, so I can always blame them
Hehe, I just noticed Mia's whiskers (when she was playing with my cursor)...and they're singed too! Naomi usually has candles on in her room...and you know how curious lil' ones can be.

Yep Monica...that sounded truly cruel to me too.

Hilda >^..^<

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should grow back just fine
In the mean time though- since the wiskers are lopsided- you might notice the kitty being a bit clumsy- it's simply because their wiskers help them judge heights and maintain balance. Once they grow out normally- the kitty should be just fine!
No worries

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does happen, and yes they grow back, but as they are so sensitive it must be a very unpleasant and uncomfortable experience for the cat! Children and scissors and cats whiskers should not be allowed to mix

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris has been extrememly "face shy" since I adopted him, and at one point I noticed that his whiskers on one side of his face were all cut short.

There were small boys in the foster home he was in - I have ONE guess as to how that happened to him. It made him learning to trust me that much tougher, but I promised him that I would never let anyone do that to him again. I call it cruel.

5 months later, they have not yet all grown back in. It does take time, as they don't shed whiskers like fur.