TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › late Daily Thread Friday Jan 26
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

late Daily Thread Friday Jan 26

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Not much to say here today. Not a good day for us TCSers.

Hold your loved ones close, everybody. Say a prayer for a sweet guy and a little baby girl, and bless the heart of the one lost so young.

TGIF friends.
post #2 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Not much to say here today. Not a good day for us TCSers.

Hold your loved ones close, everybody. Say a prayer for a sweet guy and a little baby girl, and bless the heart of the one lost so young.

TGIF friends.
I second that
post #3 of 27
It's bringing back memories of a close member we lost about the same time just last year, Cathi (Blondiecat)

It takes something like this to make you realise just how precious life is and to never take it for granted
post #4 of 27
Thank you for remembering Blondiecat/Cathi, Susan. I remember when we lost her. (I had forgotten her name.)

Still planning to grocery shop this morning. Just need to get more tissues.
post #5 of 27
Morning all.

No words here really either. I haven't even posted other than about Amber since I found out.

I said a prayer for her last night, I wonder if she could hear me.

post #6 of 27
Life is too short, and after yesterdays thread, ive had alot of time to think about and its time that i made my decision!

Right now im sending out my CV's and saving alot of money. And looking into all sorts of visa requirements.
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
It's bringing back memories of a close member we lost about the same time just last year, Cathi (Blondiecat)

It takes something like this to make you realise just how precious life is and to never take it for granted

WHen i read the thread of Amber i immediately thought of Cathi
post #8 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Morning all.

No words here really either. I haven't even posted other than about Amber since I found out.

I said a prayer for her last night, I wonder if she could hear me.

Sure she heard you, kiddo. That's how it works.

post #9 of 27
What news to wake up to. RIP Amber. Not much else to say this morning.
post #10 of 27
When I woke this morning, Amber was immediately on my mind. I feel like it's going to be a crummy day. Even the weather looks crummy.

I have lots of things to do today before a meeting tonight at the cat rescue to discuss a fundraiser.

Live as if today was your last, have fun and live life to the fullest... because life is just too short.


PS, thank you Susan for my cookie.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leto86 View Post
PS, thank you Susan for my cookie.
Your welcome!
post #12 of 27
I don't usually post on the daily thread. But today, since I opened the CL, I am so stunned and just reading all the updates on the various Amber threads that I can't really do anything else. What a terrible day for TCS.
post #13 of 27
When Cathy/Blondiecat died some people were able to send flowers (I think there was a TCS wreath) and some of us on other continents gave donations to local cat rescues in her name. I will do that again for Amber, I think she would approve.
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakat View Post
When Cathy/Blondiecat died some people were able to send flowers (I think there was a TCS wreath) and some of us on other continents gave donations to local cat rescues in her name. I will do that again for Amber, I think she would approve.
Yes, I think she would approve Anne. I'd like to see something done from us as a whole as well.
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Yes, I think she would approve Anne. I'd like to see something done from us as a whole as well.
I think that is a great idea. Is there an account we can donate money to to either make the donation or give flowers?
post #16 of 27
That's an awesome idea, count me in.
post #17 of 27
You're too far away from me... I'd love to give all of you hugs.

I will donate to the local rescues in Amber's name.

post #18 of 27
Also when cathy died, there was one member who collected all condolences cards.
post #19 of 27
I wish we could all be there in person for John and Amber's family. I am wanting to send some flowers or something to them also...
post #20 of 27
I still haven't stopped crying about Amber. It's amazing how connected I felt to her, even though we never met. I just cannot imagine what John is going to do now. They were so perfect for each other.
post #21 of 27
Oh gosh. I just really don't want to be at work today. What a sad, sad day. And what do you tell people. "My Internet friend passed away???" ugh. I dreamt about Amber last night. She was in a beautiful field, sort of like the one at the beginning of the movie Sound of Music. And she was happy.

Anyway, I think it would also be a good idea to have a fund to contribute if legal help is needed...
love ya, Amber
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
Oh gosh. I just really don't want to be at work today. What a sad, sad day. And what do you tell people. "My Internet friend passed away???" ugh. I dreamt about Amber last night. She was in a beautiful field, sort of like the one at the beginning of the movie Sound of Music. And she was happy.

Anyway, I think it would also be a good idea to have a fund to contribute if legal help is needed...
love ya, Amber
I know the feeling...people aren't going to understand the connection we had with Amber.
post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I know the feeling...people aren't going to understand the connection we had with Amber.
And those people are some of the ones that "don't get" IRL relationships either.

It's not about being physically related or close to someone. It's all about
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I still haven't stopped crying about Amber. It's amazing how connected I felt to her, even though we never met. I just cannot imagine what John is going to do now. They were so perfect for each other.
Me too. I am actually shocked at how bad I am taking it. I cried all last night, and this morning too. I hope it stops soon as people think I'm crazy as I "didn't even know her". I knew enough about her that I know the world lost an amazing girl, and now her baby has no mother. I makes me feel sick.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Me too. I am actually shocked at how bad I am taking it. I cried all last night, and this morning too. I hope it stops soon as people think I'm crazy as I "didn't even know her". I knew enough about her that I know the world lost an amazing girl, and now her baby has no mother. I makes me feel sick.
I'm glad I'm not alone. I stopped crying for a little while, but now I've started up again. I've been leaning on a friend from another chat forum I'm a member of. Lordy, & of course the phone rings & my nose is all runny & I sound like I've been crying...
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Me too. I am actually shocked at how bad I am taking it. I cried all last night, and this morning too. I hope it stops soon as people think I'm crazy as I "didn't even know her". I knew enough about her that I know the world lost an amazing girl, and now her baby has no mother. I makes me feel sick.
I had a major bawl out this afternoon.
post #27 of 27
Today has not been a good day.

When I got to the rescue this morning I ended up having to rush 3 cats up to the vet to be euthanized, though the third one the vet wants to work with.
Rest in peace Sissi and Kinzi.. may you feel no more pain, and I hope you meet the rest of the kitties up at the RB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › late Daily Thread Friday Jan 26