TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Vibes for Susie's (kittylover4ever) tests
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vibes for Susie's (kittylover4ever) tests - Page 5

post #121 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocats View Post
Over the years I have had 3 of these Susie...
The prep is the worst but at least no one can say that you are "full of s___t."

Vibes coming your way that you get your strength back quickly and the results from the test are negative.
In this case, negative is a good thing.


Im so glad things went well for your, Susie
post #122 of 142
I was reading this thread last night! So glad your home but sad they didn't find the cause of your problems.

*hugs*
post #123 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergirl View Post
Vibes and prayers coming your way from Michigan!

Awe.. I wanted to be the one from Michigan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
Well, like everyone says, this prep stuff is yucky, so I hope this is worse than the actual procedures! The stuff I had to drink taste like vomit and I'vebeen up all night in the potty........not fun, not fun at all!
I was going to say think of all the weight you are going to lose from this, but then you already said you lost 6 lbs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
Hi guys......its me..........well, the doc said all looks fine. I made it through the procedure ok..........they gave me an iv and gave me some drugs to loop me up......well, I remember most of what they did, so I was aware, but like in a "I don't care" state of mind.........the throat thing wasn't bad, and didn't last long at all........and the colonoscopy was fine too.......little discomfort when pressing, but no pain..........

I gotta tell ya though...........afterwards when Jerry was brought back, the nurse asked me if I had passed any gas yet. I told her no. Well, she told me she needed me too! She told me to curl up on my left side in the fetal position and try! I thought, ok, here goes nothing. Well, Jerry said he was so proud of me, that my passing of gas was better than any of the guys at the firestation could have done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, he told me to make an appt with him for a month from now and we'll talk about things as far as my pains are going........I'm dissappointed that he didn't find anything, because I so want to know the source and get rid of it.

But I am SOOO glad it was over.......if any of you need either one of those tests, don't worry. The prep stinks, but the tests themselves are nothing.

I made it though with all the love and concern from you guys.........what would I do without my extended family here!:

Oh, and on the way home, we stopped at Bob Evans and I had a pork loin dinner that was yuummmmyyy!
Congrats on making it through without extra discomfort or any complications, I really hope that they can find out what is causing your problems and that you continue to toot well! I mean. to get well!!!
post #124 of 142
Glad everything went OK, Susie, and that it wasn't too terribly awful. Good that no nasties were found, but also frustrating that you still don't have answers.
post #125 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47 View Post
Glad everything went OK, Susie, and that it wasn't too terribly awful. Good that no nasties were found, but also frustrating that you still don't have answers.
Thanks Frannie........yes, a mixed, bittersweet blessing!
post #126 of 142
Glad it all worked at well, with no problems found
post #127 of 142
I hope you continue to get better
post #128 of 142
Good to read that they colonscopy went well. You have other tests scheduled?? Has anyone suggested an elimination diet to see if it is a certain food that cld be bothering you.
post #129 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
Good to read that they colonscopy went well. You have other tests scheduled?? Has anyone suggested an elimination diet to see if it is a certain food that cld be bothering you.
No, no one has suggested that yet..........I have an appt with the gastro doc in 4 weeks to talk over other tests to find the cause of my pains......
post #130 of 142
I still say celiac disease.... http://www.celiac.org/ read some of these symptons, and see if it fits....
post #131 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
I still say celiac disease.... http://www.celiac.org/ read some of these symptons, and see if it fits....
Celiac's disease is something that I am really comfortable understanding. I tend to make a lot of gluten free things, so if you need any advice let me know.

Have you started switching your diet yet to see if it helps?
post #132 of 142
Yes, I have a lot of celiac cookbooks, because I went through a number of years where I was allergic to wheat (along with a ton of other stuff) and had to follow a modified (modified in that I couldn't eat some of the stuff they could) diet! I got to be a whiz at making bread and buns out of rice flour, etc.
post #133 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Celiac's disease is something that I am really comfortable understanding. I tend to make a lot of gluten free things, so if you need any advice let me know.

Have you started switching your diet yet to see if it helps?
She does have a LOT of symptoms of it, doesn't she???? And it is not very often diagnosed.... you have to figure it out for yourself...
post #134 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
She does have a LOT of symptoms of it, doesn't she???? And it is not very often diagnosed.... you have to figure it out for yourself...
I've also met a lot of women recently who after menopause developed sensitivity to gluten. It's not all that uncommon. I just wish for people's sake they could develop a blood test for it rather than put them though the testing that she had. It would make life a lot easier.
post #135 of 142
I teach students with autism, and have had many kids who were on the gluten free diet...for some, I saw a difference, and in others, not so much.

Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of your symptoms soon, so you can feel better!
post #136 of 142
I've never mentioned that to any doctor, but perhaps I will. I haven't taken the time to read about it, so not sure what it's about, but I will..........
post #137 of 142
Well, official word from the gastro doc today. Biopsy of my tummy came back fine. He said no bacteria found, (which is what he was looking for), a little irritation, and for me to come back in a month to talk about my pains. So, although I'm so glad he didn't find anyting wrong, I still am no closer to finding out the source of my pains!! ARGGHH!!
post #138 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
Well, official word from the gastro doc today. Biopsy of my tummy came back fine. He said no bacteria found, (which is what he was looking for), a little irritation, and for me to come back in a month to talk about my pains. So, although I'm so glad he didn't find anyting wrong, I still am no closer to finding out the source of my pains!! ARGGHH!!
I'm sorry they still haven't found out whats causing your pains, but at least they didn't find anything serious!
post #139 of 142
Hope they figure it out soon! I told you, it's hunger pains!
post #140 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by LokisMum View Post
Hope they figure it out soon! I told you, it's hunger pains!
It could be at times!
post #141 of 142
Well Susie, at least it wasn't BAD news.
post #142 of 142
I know you're happy that there is nothing serious obviously wrong - and I completely understand your frustration that they don't have an answer. Obviously, something's not right, and if they only knew what, maybe they could fix it. I don't think that ever gets easier. I do hope you feel better soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Vibes for Susie's (kittylover4ever) tests