Q tips - safe toy?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine do too. I havent ever noticed anything bad, they havent eaten them, though.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am always careful about anything that could get stuck in their throat.
I don't think that I would let my cats play with q-tips but that's just me.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like you are keeping a close eye on your baby.

There is little that is worse than a hair ball.

kiva13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty loves q-tips too. He holds them in his mouth, throws them across the room and scoots them all over the bathroom floor. I only worry that it will go down his throat, but I keep an eye on him.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never liked mine playing with them but try to keep them from digging them out. (Okay, it's Ari. Topaz is too sedate to do such digging in the trash.)

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be careful cause they could potentially choke on the cotton bud on the end if they pull it off whole - Plus it could get stuck in their tummy if they eat a lot of them.

My kitties love q-tips too, but I try to keep them out of reach when possible

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys like batting them around the kitchen floor - when I'm home and able to watch them, I'll let them play for awhile, but once they start chewing on them, they go in the trash!

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girls love q-tips. They pick them up and take them down to the main level. They like to play with them on the hardwood floors, and eventually bring them to the kitchen where they hide under the rug. I have to pick up stuff from under my "bumpy" rug evey morning. I find anything from q-tips to hair pins, to the plastic rings from the milk container.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stormie
q-tips, I hate it, I will bring them in my room to clean my ears I will sit down for a minute and boom they are gone
but I kno who it is because Bella could care less for them, I try throwing them away too and I find them out of the trash
Stormie Stormie Stormie, I have to keep a close eye on her
shes sneaky
, everyone in my house smokes, and I have to hide my ashtrays from stormie because she thinks the ciggarette butts are toys
Pretty much anything she cant have she wants to play with, and she got so many toys !!!! Stormie is the cat I cant keep my eye off of for too long
I was redoing my bed and I found cigarette butts hidin all through the bed, and a q-tip on the floor, she is such a brat !!!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats LOVE q-tips too. I usally keep them away from the cats because my cats seem to be orally fixated & must eat everything (the most recent thing to get eaten was part of the cord from the hands free set of my cell phone
) One day however Jordan (no big supprise it was him
), ate about 1/2 of one. It happend in a split second. I have the ones with the blue plastic barrel. I was a little concerned, but if I ran to the vet every time one of them ate something I'd be there every other day. So I waited a couple days & found it in the box later. So no I wouldn't let my cats play with them.

nautica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat loves Q-tips also. For a while I thought someone was missing the trashcan because I would find them around it. I realized that it was the cat digging them out! She also digs out tissue sometimes also. I don't think they would hurt them unless they ate them. You can buy all the cat toys in the world, and they will still want to play with the oddest things!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiva13

My kitty loves q-tips too. He holds them in his mouth, throws them across the room and scoots them all over the bathroom floor. I only worry that it will go down his throat, but I keep an eye on him.
LOL same with Saki. I've never had a problem with them.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a Q-tip toy at the cat show this past summer.
I was viewing the items she had for sale in toys.
It is a plastic piece in the middle with shiny end's
where the cotton is on a normal q tip.
I said what is this look likes fancy q tip.
She said this is for the cats with a q tip fetish.
Hummm. I bought one, at first my kitty was not
to interested but she has grown fond of it too.

So you can make a similiar item yourself by going
to craft store, I think the shiny ends are a extra
attraction to them.