Are we crazy?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I have decided to move into a two bedroom two bath that is in our current apartment complex. The reason we decided on the two bath portion is that we want a "kitty bathroom". We plan on having a litter box set up so that the boys (soon to be three) can have some privacy. I told my SIL and she thinks we are crazy. So, are we?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A) No, that's not crazy. A seperate bathroom for them is nicer for them - and for any humans living with them or visiting them.

B) If this is the same woman who thinks it's ok to keep herself and her children in an abusive home and to pass around serious germs at the holidays when partically everyone is visiting elderly relatives, I really wouldn't worry about her thinking that you're crazy. Worry when what you do starts making sense to her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

A) No, that's not crazy. A seperate bathroom for them is nicer for them - and for any humans living with them or visiting them.

B) If this is the same woman who thinks it's ok to keep herself and her children in an abusive home and to pass around serious germs at the holidays when partically everyone is visiting elderly relatives, I really wouldn't worry about her thinking that you're crazy. Worry when what you do starts making sense to her.
That's true. I should really put things in perspective.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, youre not!
Id do the same thing, because currently we switched to their favourite cat litter and its like sand, so immagine waking up walking into the bathroom and pretty much feeling sand on your feet! and im quite tired of constantly cleaning the bathroom because of them!

If i could id have two bathrooms and fill the shower with a bed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Nope, youre not!
Id do the same thing, because currently we switched to their favourite cat litter and its like sand, so immagine waking up walking into the bathroom and pretty much feeling sand on your feet! and im quite tired of constantly cleaning the bathroom because of them!

If i could id have two bathrooms and fill the shower with a bed
That's a great idea! I could line the shower with soft blankets so they can nest in there.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I told my SIL and she thinks we are crazy. So, are we?
No way!! We just bought a house about twice the size of our previous one to give our cats more room to roam. They are sooooo much more relaxed now that they have more space.

If you are getting a 3rd cat, then more room, even if just a bathroom, is a good thing!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you need the room and can afford the upgrade to a larger apartment, then go for it. If I could afford to pay for a 2 bedroom I would move in a heartbeat. When I return to work and get my poor finances back in order I will be moving into a 2 bedroom.

As for the SIL? Ignore her. This is about you and your husband and babies, no one else. Sounds to me like she's probably jealous that you are moving "up" while she's stagnating and doesn't want for others to succeed.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, you are not crazy..I would get a 2 bed 2 bath if I could afford it..Then Trout woul most certainly be getting a playmate

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I personally don't think its anyones business
If you want more room and you can afford it I would do it if you need the room, It's not about what someone else thinks you should do.
We have been talking about selling our house we can make allot of money off of it and then buy another one, the purpose is to get lesser payments, and everyone has negative things to say about it, I don't give a hootananny what they think, I'm not stupid I would have to come out with some money and a cheaper payment, I'd say go for it More space is Great, I just happen to have to much space almost 2400 sg ft 2 story and I'm getting to where I hate the dam stairs 50 times a day
It's killing me. So when DH gets back from England we are going to decide
I don't care what anyone says make yourself Happy More room for the Babies to right

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You will be adding another cat to make 3 cats. Go ahead and prepare yourself for people who "dont get it" to make all kinds of comments about things you do for your cats. And then, dont pay any attention to the negatives. As Halfpint said, "Its no ones business". I, myself, have heard it all. And I just had to get to the point, that I dont care. These are my cats, my life, my choices, my decisions and I dont need any negative input about my choices, Thank you very much.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think its an awesome idea
I think it'll be great for you and the kitties - and lining the tub for them would be great too! Your kitties will definately be pampered
I'd do the same thing if I had the space!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

A)
Good answer.
And no, i have two litters box in a different bathroom

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope not crazy at all, my second bedroom is the cat room, all their litter boxes are in there, their feeding station is in there, plus the have bunk beds to camp out on

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this going to be in place of getting a house, or are ya'll still planning on getting a house next year? If you are- i'd stay where you are now and save a little $$ up for your future home. Not to be a damp rag- i just think monitarily as far as moves/homes are concerned
. If however, you'd still be able to move into your home in a year and are still able to afford moving into the upgraded apartment- then go for it if you need the space
Do whatever is best for you and your family sweetheart