ok this is it

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! I did something to my hand
I am friggen giving up here, I guess I wouldn't mind if I knew how I did it
I can't squeeze any thing together it's swollen hot and I can't move my thumb. I have to go to work
What a piece of crap this body is
If I could just go to a rest home for a year or so, It only took me 10 minutes to type this
So at least I got the gifts wrapped last night My oldest daughter came to help me. So I don't think I'll be pokeing fun or
doing to much unless a miracle happens I will be on the broke down list.
So everyone have a fun day and send vibes that I can do something one handed
Don't do anything without me

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please go to the doctor. It could be broken, infected (have you visited any hospitals recently?) sprained, or the result of really serious RSI (I don't think it would be hot though). That's just the stuff I know about. Please do the doctor, you know we'd be so mad if you were talking about a kitty and you weren't going to the vet.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come on, you are not old enough to fall apart

Hope you get better soon.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lois,

I feel for you! For the past month and a bit, I've been typing with little or no use from my middle finger of my right hand! Hence all the typos! I had surgery on it recently...not trying to freak you out!!! And I still can't make a proper fist and I'm right handed! It was caused by an infected cat bite...

Try an ice pack for 10 minutes and see if it feels better...or else, go see a Dr.!

Feel better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Come on, you are not old enough to fall apart

Hope you get better soon.
I started early
like 40, I have degenerative joint disease so it's alway's one part or another, most of the time it doesn't hurt to bad anywhere when it happens unless you move
Kinda hard to give that up
I'm off to do what I can it feels a bit better from just soaking it in warm water and taking soma advil.. I alway's say to far from my
to kill me I hope

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds exactly like what my SO is having right now. His doc said it was severe CTS and possible impingement of the ulnar nerve. I have been massaging it, and he has been using a pariffin treatment on it. You know, those tubs that melt the pariffin and you dip your hands in the warm liquid. He also got a brace that you can get at any drugstore. He said the heat has been doing the most toward making it feel better and loosening it up. Those pariffin tubs are around 30 dollars at Wal-Mart, and worth their weight in gold for sore hands and wrists. I hope it gets better soon.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Lois that sucks to be so sore..Is it something that you should go to the doctor for? It sounds kinda serious if you can't even move it..

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take care of that hand!!!
Seriously now you will have to unwrap all your presents one-handed.
My mom has to take Dad to Doctor today (good luck) as his hand is all hot and swollen-she thinks his gout is acting up though.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you have probably thought of this....but how about some nice epsom salts with that warm water. Just soak it for about 10 minutes, or if you are in a hurry, make a poultice with a towel and lay it on the hand. Maybe it will help. Hope you feel better.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh...I really hope your feeling better. I hate the feeling of having a broken hand/foot!

Good luck doing one handed activitys!