The gift of Scratch...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch gave me the greatest gift of all time tonight. He sat in my lap. This kitty has been through heck and back. He was taken by the APL in my area because of abuse, given back by two people because he was too shy, and has been a bit of a medical mess with his frequent vet visits. But, tonight he decided it was time to jump into my lap and make his happy "meep meep" noises. I came to realize that I have not given Scratch much, just love and a decent home. He, however, has given me his heart. This is a gift that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Thank you Mr. Shy Guy, I don't know if I can ever repay you for your wonderful gift tonight. You have my heart.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww man that brought tears to my eyes
Scratch is a special guy! As a mum to a scaredy cat, I can completely understand how special that is
:

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, that is really amazing!

But, you have given him more than love and a decent home. You gave him a reason to let down that wall he had to build up, you gave him a reason to trust again. That LOVE that you gave him...well, that was the world to him.

Congratulations on gaining the trust and love of a kitty who has learned the hard way how bad people can be. It's so amazing when that happens.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is beautiful and as valanhb said you gave him the reason

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow /// it truley is about small mircles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone...

Scratch is a wonderful boy, and all he really needed was a place where he knew he'd be okay. I hope that he continues to grow.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's amazing how love and a safe home seem like such minor things, but so many kitties don't get that, and it means so much to those guys.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That actually brought tears to my eyes. We love you Scratch, you are a very brave boy to learn to trust again.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww how wonderful!!!!
He knows he has the *right* home now and can open his heart.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful!!!! Brave Scratch!

Give that boy some scratches and a few nose kisses from me....and while you're at it, give some to 8-Bit too, don't want him to feel left out

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww That is great.
You have given him a 2nd chance to have the life every kitty deserves to have.