Oh boy... I just screwed up the plumbing for everyone below me...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I were cleaning out our bathroom and we are having a bit of an issue. We use the disposable toilet wands that clearly say on the back of the box "Do NOT flush the cleaning end." Somehow he ended up doing exactly what it said NOT to do. Our toilet still flushes, but I'm concerned about the rest of the apartments 12 floors below us. The emergency fix it guy is on his way up. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! You live on the 13th floor, or do they call it 14th. There is NO WAY I could live that high up. I'm someone who is terrified of elevators. I won't even get a job that requires me to ride an elevator. Walking up that many flights of stairs would be really rough. I have to live on the 1st or 2nd floor at the max.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's like my DH, he did it so that he can get out of cleaning the next time because you'll remember that he messed up the first time and then won't let him do it again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Wow! You live on the 13th floor, or do they call it 14th. There is NO WAY I could live that high up. I'm someone who is terrified of elevators. I won't even get a job that requires me to ride an elevator. Walking up that many flights of stairs would be really rough. I have to live on the 1st or 2nd floor at the max.
Opps that was a little error... I live on the 12th floor. It's not that bad really and I love my view!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your toilet flushes fine, then everyone below you should be fine too. The concern is the trap near your toilet. If the sponge thingy made it past there without a problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started this thread at 1pm and it is now 9pm and no one has come up to look at my toilet! I hate the way my apartment is run! It's so frustrating!