TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How do I choose?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do I choose?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
How in the heck am I gonna choose which kitten we are going to keep?
This is SOO hard.
I have a strong bond with Bo, the troublemaker but Cooter is the mellow one, loves to cuddle, and Duke is a bit skittish of everything.
I love them all to pieces and Don't want any of them to go..
Adopting out Tiger in order to keep them isn't an option. He's my fat-boy love bug whom we have had also since the day he was born...
It's SOOOO hard!
post #2 of 23
Can't someone keep them until you can start the process of buying your house?
post #3 of 23
Aww I am sorry you are having a hard time that is not a easy one to answer but i will send you some vibes and some hugs Yes that would be nice if you could just keep them all they are all so adorable and sounds like you have a great bond for all of them. Hugs your way
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen View Post
Can't someone keep them until you can start the process of buying your house?
Honestly I wouldn't want them to be shifted back and forth. That would be too much of a hard adjustment on them. Just when they are good and settled, they would be moved again.
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen View Post
Can't someone keep them until you can start the process of buying your house?
It would be different if you weren't planning to buy the home and you were going to be renting indefinitely.
post #6 of 23
Well, that's true, but at least you'd have your family together and not away for long. Like you said, you might be able to get the $$ at income tax time and that's not that long away.
post #7 of 23
I hate that you're currently going through this and have to choose. (If it were me, i'd just hide them in a bedroom anytime someone came over to check on the house...but that's just me,i couldn't bare to part with my furbabies). If you do have to rehome some of them though, i would keep the one that your entire family has bonded with the most- and the one who get along best with the other animals and has the least aggression.
post #8 of 23
I say Duke but I am Biased. Maybe in the end you won't have to choose.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
I hate that you're currently going through this and have to choose. (If it were me, i'd just hide them in a bedroom anytime someone came over to check on the house...but that's just me,i couldn't bare to part with my furbabies). If you do have to rehome some of them though, i would keep the one that your entire family has bonded with the most- and the one who get along best with the other animals and has the least aggression.
I agree (with both parts).
post #10 of 23
There is no right or wrong decision. I'd say keep the kitten that gets alond best with Jake & Tiger.
post #11 of 23
I'm totally in the "keep 'em all anyway and hide 'em when someone comes over" camp. From my understanding of tenants' rights (limited to my particular stretch of Ontario, of course), your landlord has to give you 24 hours' notice before coming into your house (unless it's an emergency, like your house is on fire or nobody's heard from you in a month), so that might be plenty of time to shuttle the kitties off to someplace where your landlord won't know about them. I don't see what difference it makes to them how many cats you have -- you're buying the house, so if your cats trash it (not that they would, but you know what I mean) you're the one who has to live with the damage, not them. Just my $0.02.
post #12 of 23
I would keep them all too. When my boyfriend used to rent a townhouse we werent supposed to have any pets, but we got Milo and managed to keep him hidden for the 8 months he lived there.
post #13 of 23
My building doesn't allow pets. They have a huge "no pets allowed" right below where you sign.

I've lived here 10 years and have 2 cats. The caretaker has looked after them while I was in hospital and she gave an update to the management in case I called them so they could let me know how they were doing.

Some places are really sticky about pets, and others so long as you keep the place clean and nothing gets damaged, they look the other way.
post #14 of 23
I say keep Cooter only because he is the mellow one.But, if you can only choose one, then I agree...............keep the one that gets along best with Tiger and Jake!
post #15 of 23
I wouold adopt out the 2 that get along best to the SAME home so they could stay together and keep the one that is left. But of course I would probably just hide them when I knew someone was coming over. Especially since they look alike no one would ever know you had more then 1 black and white cat.
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4crazycats View Post
I wouold adopt out the 2 that get along best to the SAME home so they could stay together and keep the one that is left. But of course I would probably just hide them when I knew someone was coming over. Especially since they look alike no one would ever know you had more then 1 black and white cat.
That's a good idea!
Although, my landlords are over alot and I know they'd figure it out.

I think we've made a decision. I sat down with the kids and Reggie. Lately Cooter and Duke have been inseperable and Bo is usually on my lap (when he's not terrorizing my Christmas Tree). Bo also sleeps with us at night as opposed to Duke and Cooter sleep in my chair together..So we're keeping Bo.
AND my friend's DH said they could take both Duke and Cooter together. The kids would see them all the time. We visit them alot now.
My friend said "It give us an excuse to be over more"
She's always had her eye on Cooter and loved Duke's timid nature. So I think it will be a good match. She was originally going to adopt Reilly but couldn't because of her dogs and was heartbroken she couldn't. I think it works out well
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
That's a good idea!
Although, my landlords are over alot and I know they'd figure it out.

I think we've made a decision. I sat down with the kids and Reggie. Lately Cooter and Duke have been inseperable and Bo is usually on my lap (when he's not terrorizing my Christmas Tree). Bo also sleeps with us at night as opposed to Duke and Cooter sleep in my chair together..So we're keeping Bo.
AND my friend's DH said they could take both Duke and Cooter together. The kids would see them all the time. We visit them alot now.
My friend said "It give us an excuse to be over more"
She's always had her eye on Cooter and loved Duke's timid nature. So I think it will be a good match. She was originally going to adopt Reilly but couldn't because of her dogs and was heartbroken she couldn't. I think it works out well
I think so too, and I'm really glad Cooter and Duke can stay together.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
That's a good idea!
Although, my landlords are over alot and I know they'd figure it out.

I think we've made a decision. I sat down with the kids and Reggie. Lately Cooter and Duke have been inseperable and Bo is usually on my lap (when he's not terrorizing my Christmas Tree). Bo also sleeps with us at night as opposed to Duke and Cooter sleep in my chair together..So we're keeping Bo.
AND my friend's DH said they could take both Duke and Cooter together. The kids would see them all the time. We visit them alot now.
My friend said "It give us an excuse to be over more"
She's always had her eye on Cooter and loved Duke's timid nature. So I think it will be a good match. She was originally going to adopt Reilly but couldn't because of her dogs and was heartbroken she couldn't. I think it works out well
Thats great news that you can see them all the time! You'll have updates on Daisy every time you go the vets and you get to see the 2 boys all the time. Thats pretty good.
post #19 of 23
Well, if you have to give them up, then this is definately the way to go!
post #20 of 23
That is PERFECT news!!! I am so happy for you all.
post #21 of 23
That's good news although I am sorry it had to come to that to your family you have all been through so much lately I know God is watching over you and I honestly think that maybe things may be starting to shift and you may be getting some good news and a luck for a change.
post #22 of 23
Bo! Bo! Bo!! You said it yourself, you have a strong bond
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinae View Post
I'm totally in the "keep 'em all anyway and hide 'em when someone comes over" camp. From my understanding of tenants' rights (limited to my particular stretch of Ontario, of course), your landlord has to give you 24 hours' notice before coming into your house (unless it's an emergency, like your house is on fire or nobody's heard from you in a month), so that might be plenty of time to shuttle the kitties off to someplace where your landlord won't know about them. I don't see what difference it makes to them how many cats you have -- you're buying the house, so if your cats trash it (not that they would, but you know what I mean) you're the one who has to live with the damage, not them. Just my $0.02.
I agree with this,'specially if you are in process of buying the house. It's very hard to choose. Good luck with your decision ... and the house!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How do I choose?