TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Has anyone seen the Catsifier? I thought it was a joke!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has anyone seen the Catsifier? I thought it was a joke!

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
http://www.catsifier.com/
post #2 of 24
Interesting - maybe I should get one for Lucy. She's alway suckling on the fleece blankets.
post #3 of 24
that's weird
post #4 of 24
that's just weird..... I don't know why, but it is..
post #5 of 24
NOW I have seen everything!!!!!!!
post #6 of 24
I saw that in another thread this morning. Not a bad idea actually... espically for orphaned kittens.
post #7 of 24
okely-dokely that IS weird!
post #8 of 24
What an amazing idea. I might get some for my animal shelter.
post #9 of 24
Thread Starter 
I think My Joey would Love it actually!!!
post #10 of 24
As weird as it is- WE NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skunk STILL has not stopped trying to nurse off of the other boys 'parts' It's getting to the point that I am willing to try anything! A while back someone gave me a link to a stuffed animal that warms up & has a heart beat but I don't think it would help him because it doesn't have a nipple (that I can see!). I really think he's attracted to Maui & Beans you-know-what because of the shape!

I have given him countless stuffed animals & even tried to get him to suck my fingers but he won't... Beans sucks a blanket I have that has fur on it- and I don't mind that at all. But Skunk.... oh boy oh boy! So while this DOES look weird & I can even imagine what people that come over to my house will say... it's a blessing!

$25! Oh well- I guess I'll get over it as long as it helps the poor little guy!
post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
If you get one let me know how it works...Bless Skunk's little heart!!!
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeez View Post
As weird as it is- WE NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skunk STILL has not stopped trying to nurse off of the other boys 'parts' It's getting to the point that I am willing to try anything! A while back someone gave me a link to a stuffed animal that warms up & has a heart beat but I don't think it would help him because it doesn't have a nipple (that I can see!). I really think he's attracted to Maui & Beans you-know-what because of the shape!
There is definately one (fake kitty) that has a nipple - I think it can take a bottle actually.

Editted to add the link to it: It's called snuggle kitty and does have a place for a bottle, as well as the warmth and heart beat thing. Kitten Rescue recommends it.

http://snuggleme.com/cat_products/sn...le_kitties.htm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
There is definately one (fake kitty) that has a nipple - I think it can take a bottle actually.

Editted to add the link to it: It's called snuggle kitty and does have a place for a bottle, as well as the warmth and heart beat thing. Kitten Rescue recommends it.

http://snuggleme.com/cat_products/sn...le_kitties.htm
That isn't the one that I was talking about- although very similar! So you say this one DOES have a fake nipple???? I think that will solve our problem I'm pretty sure the other one didn't have a fake one.

So which should I get??? The pillow or the fake kitty?!

Probably the fake kitty since it has a heartbeat & can be warmed.... although I worry about how obvious the fake nipple is and I hope it has a full set so it's more realistic (never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

If anyone has a vote I'd love to hear it! I'll do some more reading on both!
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeez View Post
That isn't the one that I was talking about- although very similar! So you say this one DOES have a fake nipple???? I think that will solve our problem I'm pretty sure the other one didn't have a fake one.

So which should I get??? The pillow or the fake kitty?!

Probably the fake kitty since it has a heartbeat & can be warmed.... although I worry about how obvious the fake nipple is and I hope it has a full set so it's more realistic (never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

If anyone has a vote I'd love to hear it! I'll do some more reading on both!
Depends on your needs, I guess. This goes not have a "full set" - just a place to put a feeding bottle for a kitten. It's possible the nipple is all he's interested in, you never know.
post #15 of 24
I read th bottle part of the manul on the snuggle kitty and unless your boy is still nursing I'd go with the pillow. The snuggle kitty from the sound of it you put the bottle where the heart beat goes and the nipple just sticks out past the velcro. It also says to watch the cat while it's using the bottle.
post #16 of 24
Yup guys I think you are right- I should go with the pillow. I don't think he'd be interested in a bottle nipple (too bad I don't have one to try!)...

Anyway- at least one of us can get first hand experience with this truly WEIRD pillow. I will order it later today when I order Chad's x-mas gift (no he's not getting one too!)
post #17 of 24
Honestly I would caution against this product, Just last week, Kolar completly ripped off the nipple off of one of the nursing bottles when I was feeding him. Can you imagine what a choking hazard it would be to a more aggressive adult kitty with a stronger suckling reflex if it were to rip off the nipples on the product? It could cause many GI problems. So I wouldn't recommend that for that reason. / The snuggle kitty however is a different story- it is wonderful- i have used it for numerous foster kittens with a lot of success. I will say that I only put the tiny bottles in there when I can supervise them and watch them nurse so that they do not bite off the plastic nipples and choke. Kitties should never be left unsupervised with plastic things, such as those plastic nipples- they are quite easy to chew off and choke on. / So I would not recommend allowing a kitty to have any plastic product such as that without direct supervision. The snuggle kitty though, when used responsibly, is an excellent product.
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
I would not recommend allowing a kitty to have any plastic product such as that without direct supervision. The snuggle kitty though, when used responsibly, is an excellent product.
What do you recommend since it only uses a bottle nipple? I don't think he'll be interested in it at all- although I haven't tried that yet. I think the closer looking to the nipple the better, in his case. I'm just leery on spending $30 when he'll just turn his nose up at it like everything else.... at least the pillow has the closest thing I've seen to the nipple...

Sorry to hijack this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been an ongoing problem in our house & I've asked for advice several times but haven't really had much luck!
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeez View Post
What do you recommend since it only uses a bottle nipple? I don't think he'll be interested in it at all- although I haven't tried that yet. I think the closer looking to the nipple the better, in his case. I'm just leery on spending $30 when he'll just turn his nose up at it like everything else.... at least the pillow has the closest thing I've seen to the nipple...

Sorry to hijack this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been an ongoing problem in our house & I've asked for advice several times but haven't really had much luck!

Honestly, for a kitty with a strong suckling urge- I would see what your vet recommends- I wouldn't give them anything with plastic (such as those nipples) because once again those are definitely a choking hazard. If you give him/her fleecy blankets unsupervised, they could also chew on the fabric and that could cause GI blockages too, so I would see what your vet recommends as far as that goes. I wouldn't give him anything without checking with a vet first. (as far as the snuggle kitty goes- you don't have to leave the nipple in there- you can remove it since he doesn't need it) He might just enjoy snuggling with the stuffed animal
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Honestly, for a kitty with a strong suckling urge- I would see what your vet recommends- I wouldn't give them anything with plastic (such as those nipples) because once again those are definitely a choking hazard. If you give him/her fleecy blankets unsupervised, they could also chew on the fabric and that could cause GI blockages too, so I would see what your vet recommends as far as that goes. I wouldn't give him anything without checking with a vet first. (as far as the snuggle kitty goes- you don't have to leave the nipple in there- you can remove it since he doesn't need it) He might just enjoy snuggling with the stuffed animal
My vet just keeps recommending stuffed animals- but he has absolutely no interest in them at all Beans will suck on a fleecy blanket- not very often or as obsessively as Skunk- but Skunk won't touch the blanket... he literally ONLY goes for Maui or Beans!

I think I am going to try one of those pillows- I will check them out first before I let him near it... and I won't leave him alone with it He may not even like it at all if the stuffed animals are any indication!

Cats4life77- thanks for the promotional code! Every bit helps!!!!!!!
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats4life77 View Post
i was scared of that before I ordered one ...so i called PetAg the people they have on site that makes the nipples and they told me there is no danger.
Kolar completly ripped off the nipple on one of the tiny pet ag nursing bottles not even two weeks ago. It is definitely dangerous because those nipples are a choking hazard if ingested. I'm not sure who you spoke with- but it sounds to me like they're just trying to sell you a product without being honest with you....those are definitely a choking hazard when a kitten is able to rip the nipple off. I have been fostering for years now- I use Pet AG bottles, because they are some of the only ones tiny enough for infant kittens- I have replaced hundreds of nipples because they have been eithor chewed completly off or damaged so bad they were a choking hazard. I'm not sure who you spoke with at the Pet Ag company, but they are definitely not being straight foward with you- those nipples can easily become a choking hazard. If swallowed, if can cause GI obstructions and even result in death. (Yet another reason one must be exceptionally careful when nursing a small kitten.)
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeez View Post
My vet just keeps recommending stuffed animals- but he has absolutely no interest in them at all Beans will suck on a fleecy blanket- not very often or as obsessively as Skunk- but Skunk won't touch the blanket... he literally ONLY goes for Maui or Beans!

I think I am going to try one of those pillows- I will check them out first before I let him near it... and I won't leave him alone with it He may not even like it at all if the stuffed animals are any indication!

Cats4life77- thanks for the promotional code! Every bit helps!!!!!!!

If you do get the pillow- i would only give it to him under supervision- and at the fist signs of wear/tear on the nipples- toss it out to prevent a choking hazard . / One thing that's neat about the Snuggle Kitty that is different from plain stuffed animals is the heater and the heartbeat sensations from it- many cats and kittens alike LOVE it because it reminds them of a real animal.
post #23 of 24
Well I ordered it! I had to call because there was confusion with my zip code apparently- and the guy I talked to was very nice.

I asked about them biting off the nipples & he told me that it can & does happen on occasion but it shouldn't cause any problems, as in it should pass right through. Now- personally I can see both sides of the argument- his and Nikki's... his because it is very tiny & it is the same material they use for nipples on bottles for kittens, I've seen Skunk inhale bigger chunks of food than what I assume is the size of this nipple (hard to get a close pic on the site but he said it only sticks out maybe 2/3'rds of the way I think). I can see your point Nikki in that plastic anything is not good for cats to be chewing on and while there is potential to choke, Skunk is going to be 16 weeks old tomorrow, so he's not as tiny as most nursing kittens- I would think.

Anyway- the moral of the story is that I am going to give this a shot. And until I fully inspect it, he's not getting a teet until I'm sure it's safe! I'm also only going to let him use it when we're around- he can have Maui & Beans during 8-5 and when we're sleeping, they can handle him!

Edit- I forgot to say if this doesn't work then I am finally breaking down and buying the Snuggle Kitty!
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
I just happened to see the ad for this when I was checking my cats Catster page!!!! Thought it would interest some people and their kitties!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Has anyone seen the Catsifier? I thought it was a joke!