I'm taking in another baby!!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wahoo!
Tomorrow morning I'll be picking up a 5month old little girl to foster on my own. This will be my first private foster that I will work on adopting out on my own. I'm very excited and I hope that she will be adopted to a wonderful family very soon!
I don't know much about her, but from what little I do know she sounds very sweet. The folks that have her have 3 other cats and can't keep her. The woman use to work for a vets office, so she was able to tell me the baby looks like she is in very good health. The thing that baffles me is that she use to work for a vets office, but just took this stray in without ever bringing her to see a vet to make sure she was healthy and had no diseases to pass along? Also - I found this stray via a local pets forum where her husband had thrown in a blurb in the forum that said "free to good home"
I'm just surprised to see it offered for free and that this woman who use to work for the vet had not connections to help get it adopted?
What is heroic about this whole thing is that this woman rescued 20 kittens a while back from an apartment complex near her. There was a stripper living in an apartment with 8 adult cats (not fixed) and there were 4 litters of kittens there. Well this woman apparently decided she now had too many cats and lit her apartment on fire.
The lady I'm dealing with rescued all 20 kittens (one litter she said was still wet!) and has since gotten them all adopted out. She kept 2 of them herself. The thing that I don't understand is that this baby she has now she said came to her from another persons home nearby, but she truely believes that this baby is an offspring of the 20 kittens she rescued. Meaning someone that adopted one of those kittens never had her fixed. Terrible how the cycle just goes on and on. People will just never learn will they.
Anyways - looking forward to picking her up. Keep your fingers crossed that she is healthy (vet appointment at 8:20 tomorrow). Then I will try to post pictures when I can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Can't wait for pics! Do you know what she looks like yet?
Actually I reeally don't know anything except she's about 5 months old and very very sweet. I think the lady said she's black and white, but I'm not 100% sure.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart for bringing this little girl into your home!
Can't wait to see pictures!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful thing to do! Anxiosly awaiting pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's here!! Picked her up this morning and brought her straight to the vets. Clean bill of health all around
. She's settling in at home right now, so no pictures yet. Didn't want to torment her with the camera after the traumatic morning she's had.
She is so cute!! She's still fairly small (5 months old, 6lbs). She's black and white with the cutest pink nose. She also has double paws on all 4 feet! On her little body they look enormous.

As soon as she settles in I'll post some pics!
Oh! and her name (right now) is Cinder.