TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Sierra & Serenity's Fun With Kittygrass!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sierra & Serenity's Fun With Kittygrass!

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Sierra and Serenity always enjoy a nice fresh pot of catgrass, so we thought we would post a few pictures of my sweet baby girls sharing...well, sort of sharing anyway.

Yummy!







It's mine! All mine!



I beg your pardon?!



It's not yours!



It's mine!






post #2 of 28
its cute how they were smacking each other...

those pix would make a great post for a caption.
post #3 of 28
Awww, it looks like they loved their cat grass!

Great pictures Stephanie!

My boys have never had cat grass before, I might have to get them some sometime!
post #4 of 28
How cute!! They really mowed down that grass
post #5 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosehazel View Post
How cute!! They really mowed down that grass
They sure did, didn't they! That took all of ten minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Awww, it looks like they loved their cat grass!

Great pictures Stephanie!

My boys have never had cat grass before, I might have to get them some sometime!
Thank you! I bet Harley & Davidson would really enjoy that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaNicole View Post
its cute how they were smacking each other...

those pix would make a great post for a caption.
Thank you! Wouldn't that be fun!
post #6 of 28
that is so cute! is cat grass the same thing as cat nip?
post #7 of 28


They're so adorable! My girls are like that too, Stephanie -- typical sibling rivalry. What's funny is that my mom thinks my cats' behavior reminds her of my sister and me growing up. My older sister was like Penelope: she always got jealous when my mom paid me ANY attention. But even though my sister and I fought a lot, we were each other's best companion and I know I would have been really lonely growing up without her! I bet Sierra feels the same way.
post #8 of 28
Stephanie, that is adorable I love your captions
The girlies are so sweet and beautiful!!!
post #9 of 28
Stephanie

Great pics... Those are two very special girls

Can you come take some pics for me??lol
post #10 of 28
It's great to see pictures of your girls It looks like they enjoyed their treat.
post #11 of 28
That is really cute love the captions also
post #12 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
that is so cute! is cat grass the same thing as cat nip?
Thank you, Krista! Catgrass is not the same as catnip. Catgrass is available as seeds which you can grow yourself and provides certain nutrients for our kitties, aids in digestion, assists in removing fur balls and increases roughage in their diet. Healthy, natural cat grass provides an excellent source of vegetation. Here and here are examples of easy to grow kittygrass kits. I prefer to just buy the organic seeds and grown them in my own terra cotta pots. We always have two pots, one in the window growing, and the other set out for them to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeop View Post


They're so adorable! My girls are like that too, Stephanie -- typical sibling rivalry. What's funny is that my mom thinks my cats' behavior reminds her of my sister and me growing up. My older sister was like Penelope: she always got jealous when my mom paid me ANY attention. But even though my sister and I fought a lot, we were each other's best companion and I know I would have been really lonely growing up without her! I bet Sierra feels the same way.
Yes, sibbling rivalry at its best, Colleen, just like Molly & Penelope! You're so right, although she'd never admit it now, I'm so sure Sierra would miss her little sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Stephanie, that is adorable I love your captions
The girlies are so sweet and beautiful!!!
Thank you so much, Helen!
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfpint View Post
That is really cute love the captions also
Thank you! I just captioned what they told me to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mew View Post
It's great to see pictures of your girls It looks like they enjoyed their treat.
Thank you, and yes, they sure did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Stephanie

Great pics... Those are two very special girls

Can you come take some pics for me??lol
Thank you, Jennifer! We'd sure enjoy coming over for a photo shoot of your family!
post #14 of 28
Stephanie you've caught some great shots there!! There's little Serenity thinking she's the boss by giving Sierra a bop, until Sierra bops her back and reminds her just who is alpha cat in the house
post #15 of 28
Brilliant pictures of your girlies, Stephanie!

The captions really made me laugh as I can just imagine them going at it for their grass! It looks like they had a lot of fun and a good old munch too!
post #16 of 28
That would be why I always buy 4 pots - they never share cat grass very well for some reason
post #17 of 28
Stephanie....Sierra and Serenity are enjoying every bit of their fresh grass.
I love seeing them compete over their yummy treat.
They are cutie pies.

Your pictures have convinced me to buy some seeds and start a couple pots for my own kids.

Thanks for starting my day with a smile.
post #18 of 28
Adorable pics of your precious girls, Stephanie. Thanks for sharing!
post #19 of 28
Stephanie, your girls are absolutely adorable! I don't know which I love more, them swatting each other, or Serenity holding the pot close!
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac View Post
Stephanie you've caught some great shots there!! There's little Serenity thinking she's the boss by giving Sierra a bop, until Sierra bops her back and reminds her just who is alpha cat in the house
Thank you, Susan! Yes, that's exactly what happened! What was Serenity thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar View Post
Brilliant pictures of your girlies, Stephanie!

The captions really made me laugh as I can just imagine them going at it for their grass! It looks like they had a lot of fun and a good old munch too!
Thank you, Sarah! I'm not sure who had more fun, me or them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
That would be why I always buy 4 pots - they never share cat grass very well for some reason
Now you have the right idea!
post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocats View Post
Stephanie....Sierra and Serenity are enjoying every bit of their fresh grass.
I love seeing them compete over their yummy treat.
They are cutie pies.

Your pictures have convinced me to buy some seeds and start a couple pots for my own kids.

Thanks for starting my day with a smile.
Thank you, Lei! I know Sadie and Dexter would really enjoy that! You know we'll be expecting pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon View Post
Adorable pics of your precious girls, Stephanie. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Eileen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post
Stephanie, your girls are absolutely adorable! I don't know which I love more, them swatting each other, or Serenity holding the pot close!
Thank you for enjoying my girlies, Karen!
post #22 of 28
That absolutely had me laughing so loud!! That is so cute! Your girls are precious!
post #23 of 28
Stephanie those pics are pure class

I noticed the pic ' it's mine all mine' you can just about see Sierra looking at her mum in the corner,It looks like she's asking for your approval to give Serenity a good left hook

And she did,didn't she?That looks like one good smack in the chops for sierra...poor girl,she was only making sure she got her share

Sierra....Serenity ....DECORUM LADIES.....DECORUM.......
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
That absolutely had me laughing so loud!! That is so cute! Your girls are precious!
I'm so happy you enjoyed them! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryferals View Post
Stephanie those pics are pure class

I noticed the pic ' it's mine all mine' you can just about see Sierra looking at her mum in the corner,It looks like she's asking for your approval to give Serenity a good left hook

And she did,didn't she?That looks like one good smack in the chops for sierra...poor girl,she was only making sure she got her share

Sierra....Serenity ....DECORUM LADIES.....DECORUM.......
Thank you, Di! Yes Decorum needed for sure! I know Sierra was saying "Do you see what she's doing?! I'm not sure if my permission or lack thereof would have made any difference to little Ms possessive about her favorite items. I should have made a disclaimer..No little sisters were injured in the making of this photoshoot!
post #25 of 28
[quote=dawnofsierra;1406532] I prefer to just buy the organic seeds and grown them in my own terra cotta pots. We always have two pots, one in the window growing, and the other set out for them to enjoy.

This is exactly what I do, too. The grass doesn't last all that long, so it's far less expensive to buy 2 terra cotta pots, a big bag of soil and a bunch of seeds and plant it yourself. It takes about 5 mins to plant and lasts about a week or so. They don't want it anymore once the tips start to get a bit brown.
post #26 of 28
Alright Sis, how did this get on here without me seeing it!

Those two girls are two of the cutest things this side of Heaven!! LOVE IT!!
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrPaws View Post
This is exactly what I do, too. The grass doesn't last all that long, so it's far less expensive to buy 2 terra cotta pots, a big bag of soil and a bunch of seeds and plant it yourself. It takes about 5 mins to plant and lasts about a week or so. They don't want it anymore once the tips start to get a bit brown.
Polly and Prego must love their yummy grass, Rachel! So true about the logic of planting our own. My girlies are the same, once it gets down low, they're not at all interested, just as well, really, since it's probably lost the majority of its nutritional value by then anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
Those two girls are two of the cutest things this side of Heaven!! LOVE IT!!
Awww, so sweet, Sus!
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra View Post
Polly and Prego must love their yummy grass, Rachel! So true about the logic of planting our own. My girlies are the same, once it gets down low, they're not at all interested, just as well, really, since it's probably lost the majority of its nutritional value by then anyway.
Oh, they simply adore it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Sierra & Serenity's Fun With Kittygrass!