A Haunting

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if any of you watch that show on the discovery channel but I love it. It tells all kinds of stories of different families that have lived in haunted houses. I like to curl up in my bed with Tavia and Lilly and watch it. I don't know why but I feel safer with my cat than I do with my sister's rotti or her boxer.
Well I was watching it last night and she came into the bedroom and wanted petting and then she layed down between my feet and stayed there I guess she knowed meomy needed her close incase the ghosts came through the screen.
I don't know why I watch that stuff because I always end up scaring myself but I love haunted house stories. And I wanted to see if anyone else likes to watch it and if you like for your kitties to be with you when you watch scary stuff on the tv.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't watch stuff like that...I live alone and would be scared all night long if I did...

Just yesterday, my friend wanted me to see Saw 3 in the theatre..and I'm like "hell no...you have a husband to go home to...I have nothing but a calm furry butt!!!" I'm sure Trout couldn't protect me from a mass murderer...aaaaah!!!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've given up on hauntings. I've been to the Bell witch cave in Tennessee, the old capitol theater, the Hobson house, Waverly Hills sanitarium, the "Haunted Bridge" in Allen county, the Fripp family tomb in SC....nothing. Either there are no such things as ghosts, or they don't like me.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have ghost walks in Kingston and Ottawa that are quite popular I hear. Never been on them. I have watched some of these shows before - quite a lot of haunted places in Canada, if you can believe them.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've watched that show a few times. I was surprised by the people on them. They weren't all kooks that you could dismiss easily, and that made the show much more interesting to me.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ive watched it a bunch of times, and while it is often pretty good, there have been a few episodes that imo, the people/person could very well actually just be crazy....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always watch that show with Scratch so she can protect me from the ghosts.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that show! (When I can catch it.) I usually watch it late at night and it makes me nervous
but since I have a hubby and four cats to keep me safe, I feel pretty secure.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch this show a lot, too! I am so addicted to paranormal shows!! Tomorrow night I am going to a seminar in Asheville to see Joshua P. Warren (big into paranormal investigation) tell how to recognize pet and animal ghosts. I am soo excited!!

Do you guys ever watch Ghost Hunters, a.k.a. TAPS, on the Sci-Fi channel?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I've given up on hauntings. I've been to the Bell witch cave in Tennessee, the old capitol theater, the Hobson house, Waverly Hills sanitarium, the "Haunted Bridge" in Allen county, the Fripp family tomb in SC....nothing. Either there are no such things as ghosts, or they don't like me.
Go work third shift in a nursing home and work there a few nights. And I want to go to Waverly Hills so bad but not by myself I gotta have some guy I can hide behind first.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch Ghost Hunters but I know that Trav won't let anything hurt me
I don't believe but it still freaks me out!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go work third shift in a nursing home and work there a few nights.

I work at a retirment center and most of us that have worked there for years have had encounters with the "unexplained".
In fact, we renovated a year ago, but in our old dining room, I would lock up at the end of the night and the next morning the breakfast shift would come in and coffee cups & saucers would be moved, place settings, just anything. No one else over the night time had a key to the dining room--not even security!
One of my co-workers would see one of our old, deceased residents walking down the hall early in the morning. That was his habit while he was alive--he would walk up and down the hall for 30 minutes before breakfast to get his exercise. It is spooky....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Go work third shift in a nursing home and work there a few nights.

I work at a retirment center and most of us that have worked there for years have had encounters with the "unexplained".
In fact, we renovated a year ago, but in our old dining room, I would lock up at the end of the night and the next morning the breakfast shift would come in and coffee cups & saucers would be moved, place settings, just anything. No one else over the night time had a key to the dining room--not even security!
One of my co-workers would see one of our old, deceased residents walking down the hall early in the morning. That was his habit while he was alive--he would walk up and down the hall for 30 minutes before breakfast to get his exercise. It is spooky....
I was in a residents room one night and there were three residents in that room. Well I was doing hall check and I checked one of the ladies and went to the next one and I had to get her a night gown. Well after I did that I started to walk away and the closet opened back up well I closed it and it did it again. And I said the heck with it and went to her bed and she was looking over my should and nodding and then she looked at me and said I see them too. Talk about someone freaking out.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to watch all those type of shows until Derrin Brown did one about a haunted hostel... what a load of crap they make us believe!

Derrin showed the secrets behind making us believe there really is a "spirit"!

In real life I have to admit that I 100% believe that there are spirit's walking around amoung us, especially since we had a spirit (Mrs. Cothill) living with us in our home when I was growing up. She loved any type of music and if you were listening to something she liked, the volume would go up and it was the opposite if it were something she didn't like, the whole music system would be switched off and there was nothing you could do to switch it back on. She used to move things around the room often during the day so you never fully knew where you'd left the thing you'd put down! The dogs would go mad barking if she walked in the room and she'd sit in the dining room listening to music... we always left a radio on in that room "especially" for Mrs. C. She'd passed away from Cancer a few years before we moved in the house but her husband had lived there alone until he went to live with his son. He told us he thought she still lived at the house and never wanted us to be afraid of her(at 12 years old... I was pretty terrified of having to be living with a ghost! She soon became a confidant and used to talk to her non stop and I'm sure on more than one occasion, watched over me as I slept , especially in times of need!) She must have felt calm living with us because we included her into our family and when we moved some 10 years later, we had the house blessed and let her go! I think about her all the time, especially when I loose something around the flat I think "Grrr... Mrs. C... I don't have time for this, please put it back for me honey!" and sure enough, there it is, just where I left it! Or when there is a dip in the volume of my partners crummy taste in music, I think "ah ha... Mrs. C.... show Tony who's boss!"

Even though we know that she was never really there in the first place and that she's no longer with us we still miss having her around!