TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Feel very bad for my cousins cats...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Feel very bad for my cousins cats... - Page 2  

post #31 of 49
Thread Starter 
Are you just saying that because of what I said?
post #32 of 49
IMO if I were you, I'd report him even if he is a relative. He is ABUSING innocent living creatures!!
post #33 of 49
Thread Starter 
Please read my 2nd to last post on page 2, then tell me what you see wrong from what I typed. Dont go by the first page because that was from the past, not recent,and mabye I said certain things I shouldnt have.

Read that 2nd page again, and then post what you see wrong. There's a reason i want you to do this.
post #34 of 49
well the cat doesn't look that bad to me. but I don't know, I still would totally take the blame for reporting this if this was happening in my family.

really though, what are you afraid about if it doesn't just involve the cats anymore? there are some major issues in that family. the kid was abused, someone should be punished for that, the guy abuses animals and should be punished for that, the parents are allowing this to happen (all they have to do is rehome the cats) so they should be punished. Everyone in this family is doing something horribly wrong and they need to be stopped. If I called the police on these people what I would be calling about is the cats. If the authorities find out more things going on then just the cats, then they would be doing thast on their own and honestly, it would be a good thing. Maybe this whole family should be punished and fined or serve time for these crimes.
post #35 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith p View Post
my ADHD cousin throws the family cat.
I am assuming that's what you mean and I wasn't just saying the cat doesn't look good just because of what you said. and please don't think I was trying to offend you.. that was not my intention at all. I am just really concerned for the animals that are in that home.
post #36 of 49
Thread Starter 
See now your judging his homelife (not a responce to the post above me), what part of "i wasnt supposed to know half of these things" do you not understand

I wasnt supposed to know he was abused at a young age (by the way they got help for that, and have stopped years ago)
and I wasnt supposed to know he was locked up in an institution (well to get help I mean)
post #37 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
I am assuming that's what you mean and I wasn't just saying the cat doesn't look good just because of what you said. and please don't think I was trying to offend you.. that was not my intention at all. I am just really concerned for the animals that are in that home.
If I offended you, I didn't mean to.
post #38 of 49
Thread Starter 
I dont see any way to report about the cat without me being involved. Whether your or I report it, the info being given to the ASPCA is info only MY FAMILY would know about, this is why im reluctant. I wish everyone here could understand this.
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith p View Post
See now your judging his homelife (not a responce to the post above me), what part of "i wasnt supposed to know half of these things" do you not understand

I wasnt supposed to know he was abused at a young age (by the way they got help for that, and have stopped years ago)
and I wasnt supposed to know he was locked up in an institution (well to get help I mean)
I am not judging anything about his home life, really I am not.
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith p View Post
See now your judging his homelife (not a responce to the post above me), what part of "i wasnt supposed to know half of these things" do you not understand

I wasnt supposed to know he was abused at a young age (by the way they got help for that, and have stopped years ago)
and I wasnt supposed to know he was locked up in an institution (well to get help I mean)
Then what other things are you worried about the authorities finding out? if these past problems were taken care of then all you have right now is the animal abuse which is a crime and punishable with jail time and fines. You are the one who said "Anyway if I left it up to you guys im afraid something would go wrong and this wouldnt just be about the cat anymore if I involved authorities, but also his homelife too"

what if it was a child he was abusing?
post #41 of 49
Thread Starter 
What i meant by not only involving the cat, is involving my family. (his homelife is a part of my family, in other words my aunt and uncle)
post #42 of 49
Thread Starter 
Read this agian

I dont see any way to report about the cat without me being involved. Whether your or I report it, the info being given to the ASPCA is info only MY FAMILY would know about, this is why im reluctant. I wish everyone here could understand this.

And this is why I se my only option as talking to him.
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith p View Post
Read this agian

I dont see any way to report about the cat without me being involved. Whether your or I report it, the info being given to the ASPCA is info only MY FAMILY would know about, this is why im reluctant. I wish everyone here could understand this.
Honestly, so what? So what if they know it was you? This is important. This should be reported. This is serious abuse. Like I said, what if it was a child? Would you ignore that too and just talk to him about it?

If you really do just talk to him about it and that's it then do it, now, soon, don't wait. Talk to him and make it very clear to him that what he is doing is a crime and punishable. Tell him that a simple phone call and he will be in a lot of trouble. Remind him about how much you love animals and hate to see them tortured.
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith p View Post
What i meant by not only involving the cat, is involving my family. (his homelife is a part of my family, in other words my aunt and uncle)
Your aunt and uncle are the source of the problem. They are providing the animals that they know their son will abuse. They know this is happening and will happen and they are not doing anything about it. I stil don't understand how anyone can be so dumb and allow animals in their home when they cannot control their own son with them. They should be reported too.
post #45 of 49
Thread Starter 
If they knew it was my family, no way I could do this. Then I would have problems with my parents (seriously they would be so angry) i'm 21 next month, they can kick me out you know very soon, especially if I made their own family turn on them if they found out it was me.
post #46 of 49
Thread Starter 
If they kicked me out would you guys be there to give me a home, I dont think so...
post #47 of 49
I think your old enough to look after yourself and know the difference between right and wrong.
If you can't do the right thing then that makes me doubt wether you have a concience.

If you have a concience where will your family be when you are 80 years old and riddled with guilt for not doing something?

and lets be honest kieth this isn't the first time you've had family/friend issues regarding animals.
Your a man now......act like one
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith p View Post
If they knew it was my family, no way I could do this. Then I would have problems with my parents (seriously they would be so angry) i'm 21 next month, they can kick me out you know very soon, especially if I made their own family turn on them if they found out it was me.
you will be 21 next month? it is about time you moved out anyways. I know no one whats to cause problems, but what is up with your parents too if they won't do anything about this or let you?

you are old enough to not have to ask permission to do something. you can do whatever you want and you know very well what you should do. do you want to live your life knowing you could have done something and didn't? what if later down the line he abuses a person? You have every chance in the world to stop this now. So like said above, be a man and do it already. you KNOW you should.
post #49 of 49
I hope you will be able to find a way to stop this cycle of abuse but I am not optimistic about it. If it were me, I would go to this person's house and remove those cats myself - come whatever may as a consequence. Personally, I think they would be far better off placed with a no-kill shelter or rescue than to remain where they are, but that's just my humble opinion.

With all due respect, since you are - for whatever your reasons - unwilling to act upon the many good suggestions and advice you've received here, the only thing left to do is to close this thread and wish you and those poor cats the best of luck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Feel very bad for my cousins cats...