I'm going to see "Cats" today!!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've wanted to see "Cats" since I was a kid and wanted my own cat. I remember going to Sea World and they had a ski show and the characters were dressed as cats and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I'm sooooo excited!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
saw it & loved it! (hubby slept through most of it....he did not understand it one bit, but sat through the "torture" to ammuse me for my b-day!)

I also wanted to see it since I was a little girl..... I can remember asking my dad 100 times over to see it when I was 5....

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've seen it!!! I loved it too!

We got to sit in the 3rd row, right smack dab in the middle.... it was awesome!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen it on video, but never live. I've always wanted to see it live.

There's nothing really to understand about "Cats." There isn't much of a plot; it's just talking about the cats.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it in Boston and enjoyed it, but much more so for the costumes and the way that the actors imitated the movements of cats more than for the so-called plot. There was one actress, I forget which character she played, but she was sleek like a Siamese, and her movements were incredibly, eerily catlike!!!

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

There was one actress, I forget which character she played, but she was sleek like a Siamese, and her movements were incredibly, eerily catlike!!!
That cat is called Cassandra.
I'm an obsessive 'Cats' fan. It's soooo cool that you get to go see it!!!!! It's the best musical ever!!!!!!!!

I have a website about 'Cats' if anyone wants to see it it's http://freewebs.com/jellicleworld

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw it live three times! Loved each and everytime!
Hubby thinks it's silly that I want to see it everytime I can but he doesn't understand, he's only a partial cat person. ( I have alot of work to do on him still! Training's slow but with Twig, Rocket, Isis and Luna it should'nt be too much longer!) I want to see it again!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wanna see it! I've never seen it, live or recorded! When I was in the chorus in HS we did a musical review once and it included 2 or 3 songs from Cats. That was my favorite preformance. Still wear my shirt from it too!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a great musical! I've seen it 7 times, once on Broadway in NY when it was still playing. You'll love it, and you'll be singing the songs for the rest of your life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cool website, enkeli-kitten, I'm going to show Erik when he gets home.

We LOVED it! I was so amazed at all the costumes and the dancing and acrobatics...WOW! I really thought that Cassandra (the sleek one) was really neat looking. Our favorites were Rum Tum Tugger (loved him!), Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer (they did a double-cartwheel that was amazing!), and I thought Mr. Mistoffelees was pretty cool, too.

We were sort of confused when it took forever to introduce them...but then we understood that's really all it was about for the most part, so that was cool. We very much enjoyed it and I'd like to see it again when I get the chance.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All this talk about Cats is making me want to rent the DVD!!

I think I just might
I wonder if it will be much different than the show I saw, I'm sure it will have different actors... although I don't remember the details of the live one since it was a loooooooong time ago.