Missing eyelashes!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half of my top eylashes have dissappeared from my right eye!

You don't really notice unless I point it out, like I did to my s/o, who thinks it's hilarious! I'm not worried, as I think I may have pulled them out by using eyelash curlers after mascara and getting my lashes stuck to the curlers.
But it's been a few weeks and I don't have any little ones growing back! Come on eyelashes!

This reminds me f when I was in my early teens and using some old eyelash curlers, the rubber had worn out on them, so there was not much to protect my lashes from the metal... I was curling my lashes one day, when, *snip* I cut them all off!

Serves me right for being vain I suppose!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, dear - I am glad that you can see humor in the situation. I've never had anything like that happen. I would assume that the lashes would grow back just like any other hair. I hope that the new lashes come in quickly. Are you going to wear false eyelashes till then?

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used a cheap drugstore eye makeup remover once to get my eyeliner off, and the next morning I woke up and NEARLY ALL MY TOP LASHES HAD FALLEN OUT!!! I had to wear falsies for over a month

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do NOT curl your eyelashes until your mascara is DRY.

On a side note: has anyone tried one of those battery-operated heated eyelash curlers? I've looked at them but don't want to spend the money, if it doesn't work any better than my old mechanical one.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Do NOT curl your eyelashes until your mascara is DRY.

On a side note: has anyone tried one of those battery-operated heated eyelash curlers? I've looked at them but don't want to spend the money, if it doesn't work any better than my old mechanical one.
They don't work any better, actually I don't think they work well at all! I have a Shue Uemeura eyelash curler: it's the Cadillac of eyelash curlers, it even curls the tiny corner lashes. I'm a huge fan.

And, the best way to prevent eyelash loss is to curl yer lashes BEFORE the mascara! Before going to bed at night, after washing your face/removing your makeup, pat just a tiny tiny bit of vaseline on your lashes: it keeps them moisturized to prevent breakage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, maybe I should stop curling them for a while, as they don't stay very curled once I've put mascara on anyway! I'll try the vaseline trick

I have got some falsie, but they are enormous and look really false, so I think I'll just put some eyeliner on to fill in the gaps!