Question of the Day - Monday, May 13, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the delay. We had a park meetup this afternoon with our homeschool group today and apparently it wore me out because I took an unintentional nap. I woke up to one kid texting 87 times because she wanted to get history done and the other was sending requests for more computer time every minute to do research for a project. 🤪 My head is like 😵💫. And I wasn’t the one spinning on all the playground equipment!! :lol: I did get a little sun though.

What was your favorite recess/gym game when you were young?

I loved Red Rover (although being chosen last was always a sobering possibility) and 4 Corners Dodgeball. Im not sure I remember the rules for 4 Corners but it was fun! Often at lunch/recess I preferred to be just playing with a friend or two; but I remember willingly playing those games.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Steal the Bacon (Capture the Flag)! I loved playing in gym, but when we'd have friends over we'd do massive outdoor capture the flag games and they were always my favorite.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In gym, it was a tossup between dodgeball and flag football. I was picked on a lot in school, and enjoyed the chance to put some payback on my tormentors. I had a pretty good arm, and good aim to go with it, not to mention the satisfying 'ooof' sound they would make when I buried my shoulder into their midsection. I never got mad- I just got even.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steal the Bacon (Capture the Flag)! I loved playing in gym, but when we'd have friends over we'd do massive outdoor capture the flag games and they were always my favorite.
Oh you just reminded me of playing flashlight tag outside just after dark in the summer with all the neighborhood kids where my cousins lived! It felt so adventurous in the dark! :lol:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was the smallest kid in the class, the last one picked ... I hated all the games for PE and never played any at recess (that was me, over on the corner of the blacktop where it was broken, engaged in my imaginary story that I'd write about the "leaf people" (who were basically like The Borrowers without the dependency on taking stuff from humans), with clans based on the type of tree they lived in (the Birches, the Red Oaks, the White Oaks, etc).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh heck. None! I hated getting sweaty in the middle of the school day! Gross! Worst idea ever in life.
Especially on school picture day! I remember my freshman year our gym teacher was so mad because girls were finding a way to get out of participating. (He wasn’t very nice or patient anyway.) Like do you know how much parents pay for those pictures? That those pictures go in your yearbook and follow you a lot longer than gym class?! No thanks dude.
I was the smallest kid in the class, the last one picked ... I hated all the games for PE and never played any at recess (that was me, over on the corner of the blacktop where it was broken, engaged in my imaginary story that I'd write about the "leaf people" (who were basically like The Borrowers without the dependency on taking stuff from humans), with clans based on the type of tree they lived in (the Birches, the Red Oaks, the White Oaks, etc).
Id have loved that story! :redheartpump:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In gym class, I loved when we played with the plastic scooters or a giant parachute and I also loved playing Big Base which was basically kickball but inside.