need help if this is pinking up

joe120920

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
heyi have a female cat whos almost 2 years old now she mated with a kitten may third hes now 5 months btw i try to separate them so she doesn’t get pregnant with a kitten . anyways i noticed some pink discharge and her nipples kinda changed now also shes very sleepy doesn’t eat as much as she used to she also sleeps in corners and under the couch and got so moody more than she was before

can someone tell me if she’s pregnant by the look at her nipples i think its kinda pinking up but not too sure its my first time breeding

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she mated May 3rd, it’s a bit early for her to be pinking up in the nipples. Pinking usually occurs around day 21. Is there a chance she mated sooner? It is possible, even with a young kitten. That or she may be experiencing a false pregnancy.

Either way, you’ll know soon enough, and by all means please get this male kitten neutered asap so that he can no longer impregnate any cat.

If she is pregnant, it is still possible to get her spayed now in early days so she does not reproduce. Otherwise, your responsibilities will increase greatly, as you’ll have a male kitten who wants to mate, a pregnant female who will have kittens, and kittens who will need spaying and neutering to stop the process.

I suggest that you review the situation in all seriousness, and especially as to what you can afford and what you wish to deal with, and go from there.

Cats spayed in early pregnancy experience little to no side effects. Males who are neutered experience almost no effects as the snip is quick.

Please keep us posted and do the right thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joe120920

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
t
If she mated May 3rd, it’s a bit early for her to be pinking up in the nipples. Pinking usually occurs around day 21. Is there a chance she mated sooner? It is possible, even with a young kitten. That or she may be experiencing a false pregnancy.

Either way, you’ll know soon enough, and by all means please get this male kitten neutered asap so that he can no longer impregnate any cat.

If she is pregnant, it is still possible to get her spayed now in early days so she does not reproduce. Otherwise, your responsibilities will increase greatly, as you’ll have a male kitten who wants to mate, a pregnant female who will have kittens, and kittens who will need spaying and neutering to stop the process.

I suggest that you review the situation in all seriousness, and especially as to what you can afford and what you wish to deal with, and go from there.

Cats spayed in early pregnancy experience little to no side effects. Males who are neutered experience almost no effects as the snip is quick.

hank

thank u for your reply ! yes actually it was a bit sooner i think she started mating with him around april 28 around that date may 3rd was last time they mated
i dont mind having more cats i take good care of them but i know i should spay them . the reason why i haven’t spayed them now cuz we dont have any got veterinary care around here i had to lose one of my cats due to that ! i have to travel for a proper clinic which what will i do as soon as i get a chance

will update soon ! thank you again for your reply

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joe120920

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

one of her nipples looks more red than yesterday

Attachments