What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed the Squirrels in the winter. Just outside the window by the Cat stand. For the sole purpose of entertainment for the Cats. I do agree that squirrels are troublesome as I have seen them digging in Planters on my deck. I have my dedicated garden surrounded with 3 foot high mesh to keep deer and other critters out. The downside is accessibility to easily work in the garden.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I despise squirrels, as they are constantly digging in my flower gardens. I planted several new iris last fall, and they dug up and ate half of them, and I caught them digging in my freshly-planted raised beds this year. I have to spread repellent to keep them at bay, and that only works for a limited time. In my opinion, squirrels are just rats with a good PR firm behind them.
Many of my neighbors hate them too,actually they hate most living things......many years ago the squirrels damaged many cars ,chewing on wires of the cars in front of my Bldg,they foraged from the trees in my landscape beds and then,frightened by every passer by they'd hide under cars to eat and bury their food( slim pickens)

Anyway,the Assoc wanted to have them exterminated so I asked if they'd give me a chance to relocate them away from the Bldg---- that's actually how it all began( nearly 20 yrs ago)...... Critter Rid is an excellent deterrent that lasts longer than most - I started feeding them and relocated them to a big tree across the lot away from the cars

Here's a funny little tidbit,occasionally their are complaints 5 bldgs away of chewed car wires- over the years every car that has had damage yrs ago was white- isn't that something?The bldg having issues now is behind a restaurant and every car parked behind that restaurant has had electrical damage( all different colors but all in a row)...... Dummy's are blaming squirrels but it's actually rats,tons and tons of rats down there by the dock- I've gone late night and thought I seeing the movie "Ben"- or was that Willard