Is it okay for me to feed my cat Green Juju freeze dried beef as topper for every meal, daily?

macaroonie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Title basically sums it up. Finally found a freeze dried food that my very picky cat is willing to eat (Green Juju Beef Red) so I've grinded the morsels up to make a powder that I can sprinkle on top of her food. The goal is for this to replace Fortiflora (it's the only topper that'll get her to eat but it does contain hydrolyzed poultry, cat has a poultry allergy and I know hydrolyzed food is generally safe but still don't want to take any risks). I've been using the grinded freeze dried as topper today and it's been working as well as the Fortiflora. Just wondering if it'll be safe for me to use it for all her meal, daily? The food was primarily made for dogs but the ingredients doesn't contain anything toxic to cats, but well...I still want to be safe than sorry.
Ingredients pasted from Green Juju's site: Beef hearts, beef liver, organic carrots, organic beets, organic turmeric, mixed tocopherols* (a natural preservative) *non-GMO
Any insights would be so, so helpful!! Thank you :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am not sure if there is any real redeeming value to giving a cat organize beets and carrots, or tumeric for that matter. I think the key is io use any treat in moderation, so if you are only using them in the true nature of a 'topper', I doubt there is any issue with giving them daily.

There are other freeze dried beef treats out there that are purely nothing but beef - maybe you should try a couple of them?

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There many freeze dried treats (available in both cooked and raw versions). Chicken ,beef, salmon etc. Some do not list/ and or test nutritional value. These are only one protein treats that can be broken up smaller if need be. I put them in a mini food processor and sprinkle a little on top of wet food if I need to, just to minimize the amount she gets.She goes bonkers over that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

macaroonie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I am not sure if there is any real redeeming value to giving a cat organize beets and carrots, or tumeric for that matter. I think the key is io use any treat in moderation, so if you are only using them in the true nature of a 'topper', I doubt there is any issue with giving them daily.

There are other freeze dried beef treats out there that are purely nothing but beef - maybe you should try a couple of them?
Yea, the veggies were what I was mainly worried about. She does strictly get them grinded up and sprinkled on her food so if I have to guess, she got like...3-4 pieces max yesterday. I did pick up 2 more kinds of beef freeze dried that are made for cats during my lunch break today, hopefully she'll like them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

macaroonie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There many freeze dried treats (available in both cooked and raw versions). Chicken ,beef, salmon etc. Some do not list/ and or test nutritional value. These are only one protein treats that can be broken up smaller if need be. I put them in a mini food processor and sprinkle a little on top of wet food if I need to, just to minimize the amount she gets.She goes bonkers over that.
My cat has a chicken and fish allergy so those two are a no go :( She doesn't care for rabbit & lamb and hates venison so beef is the only option. Hopefully she'll like other brands of freeze dried beef too and not just Juju.